DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

How to remove intake manifold?!

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Ravin 
#1 ·
Hi, how do you remove the intake manifold? I think I have a pretty good idea as to how it should be done but if someone could give me some step by step instructions or a good way to do it I would appreciate it! Thanks,-Brad

#2 · (Edited)
go back to the homepage (top left) and check the how-to section-there is an article there -should be helpful for either engine

edit: Sorry if i was misleading but the how-to articles dont get into the manifold removal...

#3 ·
Completely block off the exhaust pipe. Make sure there are no leaks anywhere and start the car. That should remove it. any way the how to is pretty good.

#5 · (Edited)
vision67 said:
Look at this:

http://allpar.com/fix/gasket35.html

The job took me about 6 hours.

Bill D.
Excellent link, Bill! That's going in my favorites for when I (likely will) have to change mine out one day.

I've been to the allpar site before, but never happened across that page. Thanks!
jnutz said:
Completely block off the exhaust pipe. Make sure there are no leaks anywhere and start the car. That should remove it.
heheh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.