DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Propane Injection...

813 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  01IntrepidES 
#1 ·
I saw something about propane injection. It makes sense on how it works but how come it isn't widely used or talked about or anything?

#3 ·
trepking said:
I saw something about propane injection. It makes sense on how it works but how come it isn't widely used or talked about or anything?
Lol... between this and flamethrowing anti-tailgating systems... :tongue:

#7 ·
I don't like to think of our cars as a BAR BQ. Propane ??? Come on man!

#8 ·
Propane works great for cooling the air charge and for increasing richness in nitrous and turbo applications. Our cars are designed to work on straight propane afterall.

#10 ·
RCE2WIN said:
You can get some amazing power gains from propane when used on diesel motors. It acts like NOS, but better. It cools, yeah, but it also increases the combustion efficiency, so you get the power and better mileage. Have yet to see it on a truck yet, but hear it's awesome.
I haven't seen it personally, but I have seen a video of a 2001 Ford Excursion 4x4 with the diesel (and LOTS of mods, including propane) run a 12.8@118mph.

#11 ·
ya... u can get a huge dually pullin 10's its scary stuff. especially engines such as power stroke and cummins and duramax.. so many add ons for those engines. but expensive.

#12 ·
Chevrolet is using propane in the newer cavalier , and Connecticut Natural Gas company use propane on there vans also. When i went back to Poland last summer almost every body in Poland and as a matter of fact almost the whole Europe convert there gasoline powered cars to run on porpane or gasoline cuz propane is cheaper and less pollutant. But also they are working on hydrogen powered cars in Europe. The good thing with hudrogen is it is more powerfull :devil: then gasoline and it is really efficeint and no pollution all that comes out is moister (water)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.