DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Electrical Problems

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Aggressor 
#1 ·
I just got a '93 Intrepid, within the week I had this problem.

Driving just fine and all of the sudden, the wipers started to function, I guessed at first that the car may have a rain sensor or something.
After some more driving the wipers continue to function without warning, right after that all of the gauges inside (Tach, speed,gas..ect) stop functioning, the transmition sturted and the heater air strated to blow at the max.
I am triying to find an answer, I have already asked the guy who sold it to me to replacet it. But I am curioius to see if any body had the same issue.

I have my choice of cars. All 94's (MAXIMA, 626, Lumina EURO or another Intrepid) Which should I get, any suggestions.

regards

#2 ·
Do you have autotemp control? If so, then it sounds like your body control module (BCM) may be faulty or losing communication. The BCM also has some control over the wipers and the gauge cluster.

#5 ·
When I lost my battery my window rolled down. Scared me hlf to death. Good thing it was only 25degrees and not any colder at that point.

#7 ·
Appears I am having a problem sort of like yours, but mine is only associated with the dash cluster. All the gagues stopped working, and I have no transmission indication. Also when turning the ignition key, the idiot lights do different things, either shut off like they are supposed to, or certain ones stay on all the time. I have an appointment for tomorrow to spend 60 bucks and get the problem diagnosed.

While I had the lower dashboard out, I disconnected the wiring form the body control module, and that caused the air and vents to go crazy, might be what your problem is.

The repair guy told me it will either be the Body control unit, or the dash cluster itself. Will keep you posted with what they find.

#8 ·
Well found out from the mechanic, that it was in fact the instrument cluster itself. My options where to either get a used one, that would alter my mileage, or spend 200 bucks for a new circuit board for the instrument cluster.

Since I only have 69000 miles on my 93, I opted for the new circuit board. Tomorrow I will have it back, and running just as fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.