DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Just out of curiosity...

851 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RCE2WIN 
#1 · (Edited)
Every1 LOOK

Do you think we could fit 2 10s in that space behind the backseat (of course you would have to make holes)? Do you know what space I'm talkin bout?

#8 ·
I would not bother with that modification, too much work, not enough benefit. If you want to be unique, take out the panel under the rear glass, replace with a large piece of plexiglass with MB Quart 6.5" separates covering the entire area. If you still have money, go for german liquid-cooler amplifiers, if you still have money, upgrade the 15's to 18's. If you still have more money.....

#10 ·
A good pair of 15s with enough power should be more then enough. Mixing different size subwoofers can cause issues.

Not to mention that theres metal bracing in your way (behind the vynal backing on the arm rest), and thats not wood.

#12 ·
THAT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA i never thought of the idea of puttin plexiglass there instead of the rear deck...i might try that sometime.

I know how to remove the deck, but i dont know if there would be much more that would be difficult, just a matter of mounting the car speakers and mounting it back into position.

I also have a couple of 12" that may fit there with it...

Once again thanks for the great idea

#14 ·
well i have access to a machine that cuts plexiglass so i just need to get the shape & size and draw it up on the computer and throw it on the machine and i should be all set...other than the brackets but ill deal w/ that later

#15 ·
Instead of brackets couldn't you use spacers(like some stainless washers) and some nice stainless bolts and nuts to make the plexiglass "float" above the existing deck. Then you could mount a couple neon rods on the outside edge that would light the rear deck. Some graphics(like your sig, pentastar, ram's head, or the DI website) on the bottom side of the plexiglass would be cool. The only thing that might be in the way are the tension rods that work with the trunk lid. Can't remember off hand where exactly they sit. I might have to look into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.