DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Traction Control

676 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  argus 
#1 ·
I was just wonering what you guys thought of the Traction control on these cars

#2 ·
I'm happy with mine. It works pretty effectively.

I haven't really driven any other cars with trac control, but I don't have any complaints. I think someone said that they wished that it slipped more before engaging..

#3 ·
Honestly, I was ultra-skeptical of it, until we moved to the mountains of CO, SW of Denver. Makes it nearly unstoppable in both snow *and* mud.

Kelly B

#4 ·
My traction control is usually on. I don't like the way I have to wrestle the steering wheel when the wheels are spinning during accelleration on wet pavement. I'll have to give it a try with the traction control off.

The ABS saved my front end once, though! It kept the car nice and straight when I slammed on the brakes because of a deer popping up in front of me...

#6 ·
dmckbtrs said:
what is traction control? do first generations have it?
1st gens can have T/C. It was an option available with ABS. T/C and ABS work together, and the ABS applies the brakes to one wheel if it detects it is turning faster than another, i.e. losing traction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.