DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Washer fluid dummy light stays on

673 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FunkRider 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to trouble shoot it? I took the sensor out, and it looks like a magnetic type of switch like an alarm system switch (it is totally sealed and seperate from the fluid). On a system that works properly, would the light shut off, or turn on if I take the sensor away from the tank and leave it plugged in to the electrical connector? I was figuring that if it is supposed to go off, then I can take the sensor out and see if it goes off. If it goes off, then I know it is the part in the tank that is bad. If it stays lit, then I know it is the sensor. Can someone help? Am I on the right track? (if you can understand what the hell I am trying to say). And before I get the response.....Yes the tank is full!!! ;)

Thanks again!

#2 ·
Its a normally an open switch, when you close it (run out of fluid) it closes and turns on the light.
Might be a bad switch, add some washer fluid and turn the car off then back on it should go out if its working properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.