DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Bumpstop did not go away!!

680 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr 2000 
#1 ·
Yesterday I changed the tranny fluid to ATF +4 and did a full flush. I also checked the TCM and PCM software, and both said they were up to date! I then had the mechanic reset and re-read all of the wear limits on the tranny. I STILL have the bumpstop every now and again. Today I discovered that I need a new transmission mount. Do you guys think that maybe I am feeling a "bump Stop" because of the mount?

#2 ·
i feel bump stop when i stop in nuetral, my mount is brokle... if your tranny mount is broke like mine which i broke it b4 when u put ur car in reverse and give it gas it shood go THUD.

#3 ·
I changed the tranny mount today, and it seems like the bump stop thing is subdued. I still feel it, but it feels pretty normal at this point. It is very slight. The car runs MUCH MUCH smoother now!! it feels like a new car. I can't believe the racket that the broken mount was making!! The car was much noisier and it was vibrating alot, especially under engine load. All is well now, I am happy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.