DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Buzzing noise upon acceleration

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  up4speed 
#1 ·
I am getting a buzzing/rattling noise that sounds like a heat shield or something. It happens durring acceleration. When it was on the lift today I checked everything I could think of and I cant duplicate it. All of the shields were nice and tight. I banged around with a mallet and I still couldn't hear it, but when I drive, it is loud as can be!! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks again!

#4 ·
#5 ·
Wow it sure does sound the same!! I guess I am going to live with it for now, unless the power steering pump fails completely. The whole car cost me only $500, plus about $300 in necessary repairs. The only thing left for me to do is the A/C compressor. The car will cost me a total of about $1,200 when I am done. I can't really go wrong at this time. I will just keep my fingers crossed at this time. R/T4me, did you take the belt off to see if it is the same as your problem? Let me know how you make out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.