DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

cold weather

978 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackTrep911 
#1 ·
My 3.5 will not start in cold weather. It seems it will crank but will not turn over. Is this just the cold weather doing this or is it something else?? Any options on trying to fix it

#4 ·
The only problem with my trep in cold weather is when i turn the steering wheel it makes weird popping noises if i don't warm the car up. If i warm it up for 10 mins it doesn't pop anymore.. Hmm? Oh well. I won't fix it till something breaks.

#5 ·
My good friend Mike said something about a recall involving 3.5's ('96 only?) not starting when it's cold. Any more info, Lafrad?

Related note: It was easily well below zero today and my '96 3.5 started up okay, although it complained more then usual this morning.

#6 ·
TSB 18-15-95 applies to all 3.5L vehicles built before Feb.17, 1995 and covers Cold weather no starts. You need to use Champion RC12LYC plugs gapped @ .035" and get a PCM software update. This along with 5W-30 oil should solve a no start flooding problem. It did with my 95 LHS. If this applies to your car and you get the PCM update you should also get the TCM updated. Will make your tranny shift better.:D

FredB:biggrin:

#7 ·
Mine has been fine so far and it was -6 this morning with a W.C. of -18. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Thank god for that remote start that mom & dad got for my birthday in August!!!
Jeff

#11 ·
95 intrepid 33, I also have the front end making popping noises when it is cold. I goes away when it is warm. I have a 96. Does any one know what this is? I was thinking that it was the steering unversal but I am not too sure.

#13 ·
95 intrepid 33, I also have the front end making popping noises when it is cold. I goes away when it is warm. I have a 96. Does any one know what this is? I was thinking that it was the steering unversal but I am not too sure.
From what I understand this is a pretty common problem with the 1st Gens. MIne has been popping like that the last 3 winters or so, and I've never had a problem. I've had it checked, and nothing was loose or worn. But, as soon as it warms up, its gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.