DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tranny fluid leak..

544 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Justin 
#1 ·
I know this has probably come up a million times, and it seems like a common place for leakage of tranny fluid. But it's where the 2 hoses connect to the metal hose clamps near the radiator, i noticed the fluid under where i park the car for the past week or so, the fluid level is still pretty much the same in the tranny so i haven't lost that much.

I called around to auto repair shops to see if i could get it fixed but all of them seem to be busy, and i need this fixed as i am goin back away to school on sunday, and i don't want to have this to worry about while i'm away at school.

Is this an easy fix? If so, what parts are needed, and what is involved in fixing the leak?

I'd appreciate anyones help right now! Thanks!

:crazy:

#2 ·
This is what the mechanics will do if you take it in, so save the cash and do it yourself: disconnect the 2 hoses(have something handy to catch any fluid, and something to plug the hoses for a minute), cut off the stock connectors on both rubber and metal hoses, slide rubber hose over metal hose, tighten with hose clamp. Mine was leaking too, my buddy told me how to fix it. Very easy and very cheap, the price of 2 hose clamps and maybe a small pipe cutter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.