DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Factory Alarm

780 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  danielson750 
#1 ·
I Was jsut wondering how you can tell if you have Factory alarm. I have the remote keyless entry and the little light on the dash. If i do how would i set it off. on the durango my parents have if the window is down and the doors are locked and you try to open the door from the inside the alarm goes off so i tryed this on my car but id didnt do anything. Thanks for your input

#2 ·
You probably have ATC right? The little light on the dash is together with the sun sensor and the sunsensor is required by the ATC. Does the light flash, if not then your alarm is not enabled and you would'nt have the extra wires for the doors and trunk. If you want to check for the wires, pull off the door panel and there should be two wires that go to the backside of your lock cylinder, or in the trunk there is an extra switch above the trunk lock cylinder with a little plunger.

#4 ·
ok... This is a sure fire way to get the alarm to trip.

Roll down your window and shut off your car.
Lock the doors and wait for the LED on the dash to start flashing slow. Should be around 90 seconds, I think. It will first flash quite fast. Once the LED starts to flash slow, the alarm is activated. If you unlock the door, and open it up the alarm will go off. My car will not allow you to start the car if the alarm is going off. The only way to shut off the alarm is to unlock the doors of the car with the key fob.

Good luck, sounds like you have the factory alarm.

#5 ·
thats cool Its the same as my parents Durango. I just got the car the other day and love it. I thought i was relly gonna miss my 95 Intrepid with a 3.3 But the 96 ES is so much funner to drive, and Quiter. I love it so far. The tranny also shifts a lot smoother than the 95.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.