DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tis doesn't sound right to me

546 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  boobala 
#1 ·
OK, i have a 96 trep 3.3L with about 80K miles on it. It has already gone through one tranny about 4 months ago, and now it's acting up again. I get a shudder everytime the car shifts, if it has to downshift for a stop when i'm going about 40 the car downshifts really hard and the whole car shakes. That's not the best part, i was driving to school today and about halfway there (on a 4 lane highway) i tried to pass a big rig but when i pushed on the gas (where it usually downshifts) the whole car was shaking violently, the rpms went up to 4-5k, (i hit the gas around 2k) and i didn't go any faster. After i let off the gas, the car was fine, it shifted normally the rest of the way to school :confused:. So on my way home, i decided to take it to where i got the tranny rebuilt (gotta love the 18 month warrenty) and hey started telling me it was the speed sensor. I'm thinking WTF!?!? wouldn't that cause it to just go into "limp Mode" and stay in 2nd gear?? It shifts through all of the gears, but it doesn't like to some times.

Anyway i told them not to touch it cuz i am going to get another opinion. So in the meantime i'm still driving it like that hoping that the tranny completely drops because then the HAVE to fix the damn thing, but just to make sure i'm not making an ass out of myself, this couldn't be the speed sensors... right???

Sorry about the long post, but i'm really f@#@ing p%$$ed right now!!!

Thanks,

-Bob

See less See more
#2 ·
Whoa dude. I would have them fix it NOW. You wait til it falls out as you say, and you will have them saying that YOU did something to it.

#3 ·
well... i took it to 2 other tranny shops and they both said the same thing. They said that there is one part of the tranny that isn't getting enough fluid to work properly. so i went back to where i got it fixed the first time and told them what the other shops said, they're response: "Well let me hook up the scantool and see what that says." WTF!!! They tried to diagnose it and fix it without even knowing what was really wrong?? After they scanned the computer, they came to the same conclusion, so i now have an appointment for monday at 3. Unfortunately i HAVE to take it to them because the warrenty is from them, otherwise it would be going elsewhere.

-Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.