DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Gas Mileage going down(or is it my lead foot)

684 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  LiqTenExp 
#1 ·
Hey,

I've noticed that my gas mileage has gone down to the point where i used to get like 300-400 to a tank(depending on if it was all highway or all city driving) to like 180-250.

Now i have had the egr replaced this summer, it just was in the dealership like a month and a half ago. Fuel system was cleaned, fuel filter replaced. Coolant system cleaned, new plenum gaskets this summer, new tranny this winter, tbs cleaned when fuel system is cleaned. I get no codes only 55 which is end of codes and my OBD2 scanner doesnt pick up anything weird. Should i blame that much gas mileage loss to the cold?

Brad

#3 ·
if i remember correctly they said in the other thread that during the winter, some places add more alcohol to the gas making for worse gas mileage. You might want to just ask the gas station that you use the most if they know weather or not that is the case

-bob

#10 · (Edited)
That's a much lower reduction than you originally posted! I agree with Maverick. I use an injector clean about once a month. I alternate between a strong one (injector cleaner) and a weaker one (gas treatment). It helped idling problems I had a year ago. Like SoundAdvantage, I like the Techron products. Sometimes I use other stuff. Can't hurt. The car runs so smooth. I attribute that to the using the gas treatments and running synthetic oil. I know, I know....but it feels that way.

#11 ·
hey, yeah its under 250 definately but not by a whole lot. I've been taking better averages lately. The fuel system was completely cleaned less than a month ago. A 3 step 3-M fuel system cleaning was done. They run the car off a bottle of stuff (they actually disconenct the fuel line from the tank) then a bottle of additive goes in the tank. and also the TB's are cleaned. it also has a new fuel filter.

#12 ·
well stp's out the window. how bout the injectors. did they check them? if not then it has to be something between the injectors and the exahust time frame.

#13 ·
i have a obdII scanner and as far as i could see everything is normal, no codes or anything, all the fuel system info is correct and all the oxygen sensors are reading out well. ill just blame it on my foot and the cold i guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.