DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

94 Intrep....HELP!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  cardriverguy 
#1 ·
Love my 94 3.3 Intrep....but....last few weeks it began stalling while driving at stops. Sometimes it starts right back up sometimes it takes 5+ minutes as it cranks away but wont turn over. Replaced battery, cleaned out FI housing, plugs, wires, checked out auto-starter....dealer and another service station have been unable to solve.....anyone else out there have this crazy problem?

#2 ·
#7 ·
The 52 code may be an indirect result of the 32 code (EGR problems).

You can disconnect your battery to reset the codes. Then, you can start it back up to see if both codes immediately come back or just the 32 code.

Check your vacuum lines, and replace any of them that look crusty, leaky, etc. I'd be willing to bet a vacuum leak can cause the EGR system to appear faulty since the EGR valve is vacuum controlled by the EET.

Wouldn't hurt to check/clean the cam and crank sensors, but I think those generate their own distinct codes when they crap out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.