DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

PVC hose

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  flowersc 
#1 ·
Just a thing to check on when tuning. Last night I was doing so work on the engine. beside the lose valve cover bolts and almost dry battery cells. I noticed the PCV hose looked odd, I pulled it off and sure enought the oil from the engine over the years has started eating away a the hose and making it weak in the bends, it was decarying so bad that little rubber chunks were stuck in the PCV valve. Cleaned the PCV and got a new hose, and it idled a little better.

#2 ·
I'm in the same boat you were. My PCV hose is crap. Did you go with OEM or did you fabricate your own. Thanks for any info. I'm looking at doing this soon.

#4 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but can you use just a breather filter? I did so on my left valve cover and it works fine I've been thinking about the right.

#6 ·
No hole on my home-made cold air intake :D . And I figured a breather not only looks nicer but saves me a lot of trouble of drilling than putting a fitting into my new intake.

#10 ·
I used the basic PVC replacement tubing, and I swear the car ran crappy. I switched back to the old hose and everything returned to normal. Planning to head to dealer to get exact replacement hose.

#11 ·
I used the basic PVC replacement tubing, and I swear the car ran crappy. I switched back to the old hose and everything returned to normal. Planning to head to dealer to get exact replacement hose. I should have my car back by tomorrow night (in reference to my earier posts, my car was idling rough).
I should have picked up the 8mm spark wires for my mech to use. I didn't think about it til this morning.
I will just be happy to have the car back and running smooth.

#12 ·
my PCV hose and valve were both busted (i thought), so i changed them, but the car didn't seem to respond to the replacement at all. at least it was cheap.

#14 · (Edited)
Oh thats good. I will pick the original part up from the dealer then. It seems the replacement tube I used allows oil and crud to just flow right through allowing the PCV valve to gunk up sooner. I believe the bends in the hose allow the oil and whatnot to pool or settle; not being sent right on through all at once. Seem logical?

#16 ·
Hmmm. Something to think about.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.