DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

trans slips

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  argus 
#1 ·
my trans is fine in driveway can drive it back and forth allday no problem as soon as i drive it on road and picks up speed it slips and will barely move if i shut it off and restart it can i drive it till it picks up speed slips again seems to slip after changing gears. speed sensor code came on one time but now just 12 55 .code
had fluid and filter changed . thanks alot . ps, great site

#3 ·
it slipped before the fluid change thought same thing but never helped getting another trans from 94 concorde that is said to be good anything i need to beware of when switching. i was hoping that the old one had a quick fix. thanks again. ps. i just bought it cheap knew trans was bad but dont know when or how it started

#4 ·
If you can get a good deal on the 94 tranny and they'll give you some sort of warranty, then I'd go for it. But first, I'd verify that your current tranny is toast.

The only way to really diagnose your present tranny is to get any codes from your tranny control module using a scantool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.