chip this biotch [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: chip this biotch

huh75
01-31-2002, 12:14 AM
i was just wondering (say this at the begging of all my posts) where in the hell i could get a nice chip but the chip has to be a)good quality b)fairly easy to install c)i dont want to have to buy ultra grade gas cuz of the damn gas rules in my state d)i just wan a whole new chip and not some thing where i have to send in my current chip for them to change it ! alright im done :D :D :rolleyes: :cool: :o :eek: :eek:

MoparPerformance
01-31-2002, 12:29 AM
Hey bro, whaaazup man...?

Chip up in dat' biiooootch, huh?

ASE, www.asechips.com (http://www.asechips.com) is probably you're best bet.

I'm not really sure what trep you have but they have chips for most of them.

I am getting really close to gettin' one for my biotch as well, my 2.7L.

It says $489 on ASE's website but after talkin' to them it's supposedly $309.00 as the second gen 3.5L chip.

Unfortunately you'd have to send your ECU module in and they will have to solder a new chip on your module. ASE has a 30 day guarantee.

I have read on some Prowler posts that they were not happy with the ASE chips results and only got like a really small increase although the speed limiter was really removed. I personally think this is because the Prowler ECU's are already performance tuned.

And, yeah, you will have to use premium grade fuel. I talked to ASE about this and they said there's no way around it. I'm going to try and see if they could "tune down" the chip so it put's out a little less power and I can use regular.

Later bro....

p3
01-31-2002, 03:08 AM
Aren't you going to void your warranty with these mods you are doing?

huh75
01-31-2002, 08:43 AM
well i got my trep used so i really dont know about that, but if you solder a new chip to the old spot you shouldn't beable to see that they changed it unless they do a crappy job and if the dealer actually takes out the chip and everything and looks at it

Black94ES
01-31-2002, 12:28 PM
Anyone know how much more power and torque the chips increase a 1st gen 3.5L?

p3
01-31-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by huh75:
well i got my trep used so i really dont know about that, but if you solder a new chip to the old spot you shouldn't beable to see that they changed it unless they do a crappy job and if the dealer actually takes out the chip and everything and looks at it

I was talking about MoparPerformance. He has a 2002 SE.

p3
01-31-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Black94ES:
Anyone know how much more power and torque the chips increase a 1st gen 3.5L?

My guess would be 5-10HP maybe. But even if you don't get much more power or torque out of it, it does remove your governor.

MoparPerformance
01-31-2002, 03:20 PM
From ASE, Supposedly Dyno tested, 2.7L increase is 22HP, increase for 3.5L is about 30HP, again supposedly.

No, supposedly it looks the same as the standard chip. It's ODBII compliant so it will work with all the emmissions stuff and supposedly untraceable when the dealer performs a diagnostics.

Voiding my warranty huh....?

Hmmmmm.... let's see, already installed a K&N Intake, Aftermarket Dynomax Performance Exhaust and aftermarket Resonator

going to install , BOSCH Platinum 4+'s (Already Ordered), ASE Chip and H&R Performance Lowering Springs, 1.3" (Already Ordered)

Yeah, I am concerned about that cause these dealers are usually biiiotches!

I also have a 100,000 mile powertrain, 84,000 Bumper to bumper warranty.

I'm hoping I won't have any problems.

I know they're probably going to try to void my entire warranty but I'll fight that.

First they shouldn't know about the chip even through a diagnostics according to ASE. I will expect that perhaps my muffler/resonator, springs and air filter box warranty, possibly suspension or exhaust as well but it shouldn't be nothing more.

It's just tough for me, I thought I'd be OK with it but after driving a 1999 3.2L ES w/225HP for a while, you start wanting to make your 200HP 2.7L to at least the same level or perhaps better.

Hopefully the dealer won't bitch if something should become wrong, nothing I'm doing should or could in any way damage anything. The thing I'm most concerned about is the ASE chip making the engine run too rich or damaging the valves or ignition but that's supposedly not detectable so hopefully I'll be cool.

Later guys.....

Lafrad
01-31-2002, 03:32 PM
the chip actually can damage the engine.. if it advances the timing too much with crappy gas in.. knock is a very large possibility. also it might not back off on shifts and the tranny could take a beating.... but.. who knows?
Good luck

MoparPerformance
01-31-2002, 04:03 PM
I know, such a risk! I'm really reluctant about it but I got to get my car up to around 230-240HP!

I hope I can have them "Tune down" the chip so it increases the horsepower by supposedly maybe 10 or something.....?

Yeah, I am concerned about that!

As to the tranny, I plan on installing a transmission cooling kit and possibly adding some Mopar Antifoam which I hope will help.

p3
01-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MoparPerformance:
I also have a 100,000 mile powertrain, 84,000 Bumper to bumper warranty.

Not anymore. :p

Maverick9110E
02-05-2002, 04:06 PM
it seems like the companys carry mostly the 2.7 and the 3.5 anyone knowany good ones for the 3.3 and decent price :eek:

MoparPerformance
02-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah that's a tough one unfortunately.... I tried to get one for my 1995 3.3L. They had one for like the 96 or 97 or something from JET at the time I think but I was told it wouldn't work because there were some slight differences in the 3.3L's of those years or something.

Best thing to do is intake it like as to the 3.3L Intake post that was made. It'l tell you what Intake to buy etc. Sounds like the best 3.3L mod yet to me.

Take care guys

Bryan_M
02-05-2002, 05:28 PM
ASE has one for the 96-97 3.3l

silver ghost
02-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Real quick from a dealer guy..... If you mod your suspension, nothing suspension related is covered by FACTORY warrany anymore, same about the intake, exhaust and stuff like that. EXTENDED warranty doesn't need to know about what you've done (unless they send an adjuster) Typical factory was either 3-36 or 7-70. 3-36 was more common.

Just a tip!

TheGodAnubis
02-10-2002, 05:44 PM
well, I bought my car used with no waranty... so I am not too worried about voiding my non-existant waranty... must...have... chip...