3.3L Burnout Pics [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: 3.3L Burnout Pics

Black94ES
02-12-2002, 10:52 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/trippytrep

Sorry Its http://members.cardomain.com/trippytrep

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Black94ES ]

IntrepidXJ
02-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Gotta be bleach.

DMAG
02-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Make: Dodge
Model: Intrepid
Year: 1996
Car Setup: stock
Sound System Setup: stock
Powered By: Clorox

:D

p3
02-12-2002, 11:35 PM
I might have to break in my Yokohamas at the MOA meet if LHSer brings the bleach for his smokeshow. :D

2002BlackRT
02-12-2002, 11:43 PM
At least he didnt jack up his estimated HP, 165 sounds reasonable i guess for 3.3

TehKing
02-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Bleach? I no need no steenking bleach!!

But I'll try and bring some if you guys want. :)

JoeKD
02-17-2002, 11:52 AM
yeah, bleach isn't necessary, just a a little water to get the tires started, once they start spinning keep it in first gear and they will just keep spinning until you let off the brake or back out of the throttle

zwatman
02-17-2002, 04:17 PM
how can you brake jack with a front wheel drive car?!

RapidTransit
02-17-2002, 04:39 PM
E brake

I know, you already figured it out, but couldn't remember how to delete your post...:biggrin:

blkbute
02-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by joekd
yeah, bleach isn't necessary, just a a little water to get the tires started, once they start spinning keep it in first gear and they will just keep spinning until you let off the brake or back out of the throttle
This is very true, I started off with a bit of snow under the tires and had the e brake down, I think the speedo was around 150kph when the snow was all gone it was all a bit of water under that, wow never seen so much smoke, the heater was on full blast and smoke just filled up the car. :biggrin:

viprman
02-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Is it just me or does it look like that white Dakota Sport in the background has some sort of street glow neon under it???

But, definitely a bleech box burner.

swartlkk
03-02-2002, 05:57 AM
UM... Is it just me or does that look like a ONE wheel burnout... That really isn't a burnout if you ask me... It's a good smoke show, but not a burnout... I can light up one tire anywhere I please without any water, bleach, or what have you. That't not a problem. Now show me a 'trep that can smoke both front tires and that is one bad ass motherf'er!

Maverick9110E
03-03-2002, 01:12 AM
how the hell do u pull off a one tire burn out??!!:devil:

Black94ES
03-03-2002, 03:32 AM
You can't do a two wheel burn out without an LSD, our cars don't have them so we can't do 2 wheel burn outs.

Ever wonder why if u floor in wet weather your car pulls to one side? (which it should) that's because one tire is pulling.

Also, if ur tires suck, try a burn out on dry pavement (just floor it) Get out of your car and you'll see one black line on the road.

Maverick9110E
03-03-2002, 10:03 AM
lol that really blows:devil:

Black94ES
03-03-2002, 05:18 PM
I don't think there are any Automatics on the planet with LSD, only "sticks" can have it, not all of them do.

stevedemon
03-04-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Black94ES
I don't think there are any Automatics on the planet with LSD, only "sticks" can have it, not all of them do.
I believe it was in Car & Driver or Motor Trend, but there was an Acura that had one...can't recall if it was a manual or auto tranny, though. You're probably right, in that none are manufactured and put for sale, but I think it's possible.

(Note for those of you that don't already know: LSD stands for Limited Slip Differential. Watch the final court scene in the movie "My Cousin Vinny" for an explanation of what it does.)

stevedemon
03-04-2002, 04:48 AM
BTW, the Acura (not so sure it was an Acura now...something foreign for sure, though) was front wheel drive, and it wasn't the RSX.

TehKing
03-04-2002, 09:36 AM
You can have LSD on an automatic.

Spin both front tires? Thats nothing new for me...

It was a little wet at the time, I punched the gas with TC off, it went right tire, left tire then both tires.

Black94ES
03-04-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by LHSer
You can have LSD on an automatic.

Spin both front tires? Thats nothing new for me...

It was a little wet at the time, I punched the gas with TC off, it went right tire, left tire then both tires.

Never encounterd that before, but then again, I haven't done many burnout's with my car. The one time I tried, I left one black streak of rubber on the pavement infront of my house.

Black94ES
03-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Also, which car is it exactly that is an Automatic and has a LSD?

gary680
03-18-2002, 10:32 PM
does this mean that only one tire drives the car? cause I can spin both tires depending on which way I am turning when pulling out onto a street or something...I can't spin either at all on dry pavement in a straight line due to the 3.3 lol...it does pull to one side though when I floor it

Black94ES
03-20-2002, 05:49 PM
I think on turns you can spin both tires, because they're not spinning at the same rate. I don't know exactly how it works.

That pull you feel to one side, is one tire getting more grip than the other. It's also called Torque Steer, which most automatic and manual cars suffer from because they don't have an LSD.

I still don't know how you spin both tires going straight, I mean the pic is the proof.

I still wanna know what automatic car has a LSD...

TehKing
03-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Subaru SVX. Offered here until the mid 1990s. The automatic versions had LSDs.

Some late 80s, early 90s Chrysler mini-vans also had LSDs.

Black94ES
03-21-2002, 07:28 PM
umm... the SVX was an AWD, I don't think an AWD needs/has an LSD. (not sure)

Not sure about the minivans either, never heard of an LSD on a van... LSD's are for cornering and accelerating, why would they be on a van?

TehKing
03-21-2002, 11:46 PM
I suggest you know what you are talking about before you comment.

LSDs are not primarily for "cornering and accelerating." If that is the case why would trucks have them?

The Subaru SVX, it was only AWD after 1995. Up until then it was offered as FWD or AWD. The FWD had an LSD in both the automatic and manual versions, and the AWD's had an LSD for the rear, also in manual and automatic version.

Sk8-4ever
03-22-2002, 12:07 AM
i think you guys are on too much LSD :p

Black94ES
03-22-2002, 10:00 PM
I suggest you know what you are talking about before you comment.

LSDs are not primarily for "cornering and accelerating." If that is the case why would trucks have them?

The Subaru SVX, it was only AWD after 1995. Up until then it was offered as FWD or AWD. The FWD had an LSD in both the automatic and manual versions, and the AWD's had an LSD for the rear, also in manual and automatic version.

I said I wasn't sure, you don't have to be an ass about it. The point of a forum is to learn, not flame other people.

Those are also AWD cars, are there any non-AWD automatic cars with LSD's?

Axle
03-23-2002, 04:02 AM
I am not sure if that is LSD or not, but the new acura 3.2CL type S has some sort of advanced traction thing that aint like your typical LSD. it was in a recent, but not current issue of car and driver. but that was the review of the 6-speed manual, as for automatics with LSD's? I dont know, cause if you already have traction control, is the LSD just another form of traction control or how does that work exactly?

TehKing
03-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Those are also AWD cars, are there any non-AWD automatic cars with LSD's?

Yes!! The front wheel drive versions of the Subaru SVX! I thought I had made that abundantly clear.

95-TREP-3.5 here is an excellent resource explaining how differentials work: http://www.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

Black94ES
03-24-2002, 05:12 PM
[b]

Yes!! The front wheel drive versions of the Subaru SVX! I thought I had made that abundantly clear.

95-TREP-3.5 here is an excellent resource explaining how differentials work: http://www.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

Sorry, I must have missed that, I guess I should read before I comment, LOL :D