Body Kits?? Mods?? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Body Kits?? Mods??

Storm81
08-08-2001, 01:15 PM
hey does anyone know if there are any body kits for a 1998 dodge intrepid. I have a 3.2 L engine, 225 HP. I am gonna tinti the windows, and i want to add some neon lights inside......any help with the neon lights??? or any kits available? i also plan on putting a spoiler on but I dont wnat the factory issue. Looking for a unique wing for ma car. Intrepids rock! very good car! I am tired of seeing import cars being modified, I wanna modify my intrepid and make it unique....any help??

JGarrett911
08-08-2001, 02:20 PM
as far as i know, there are no body kits availible for the 2nd gen Intrepids (unless you fabricate something yourself.) Interior neon lights are pretty easy to install. I have 2 10" green neons underneath my dash and I have them hooked up to come on with the dome lights(after figuring out the wiring on that it was easy).

There are plenty of posts on here about spoilers, but i think http://www.spoilers4less.com is about the best site anyone's found.

Storm81
08-08-2001, 02:27 PM
KOOL. YEAH I LIKE THE CUSTOM SPOILER IN THAT WEBSITE. I THINK THAT IS THE ONE I WANT. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO FIGURE OUT THE NEON LIGHT THING.....IS THERE WAYS TO TURN IT OFF? CUZ MA GF DOESNT LIKE IT SO I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL IT. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR BODY KITS AND HAVE FOUND NUTHING! I HAVE A 98 ES WITH FOG LIGHTS, BRA, INFINITY SOUND AND LEATHER INTERIOR. I AM WERKING ON TINTING THE WINDOWS. HOPEFULLY PUTTING THE CUSTOM SPOILER ON AND THE NEON LIGHTS IN SOON. BUT I MITE NEED HELP WITH THE NEON STUFF AND THE PAINTING OF THE SPOILER.

98PurdueIntrepid
08-08-2001, 03:33 PM
I'm about one of the only ones on here that has put neon in that i've seen and I just replaced one of the tubes two days ago under the passanger seat. I still have the packaging from it so i can give you some details once you tell me what you wanna do. :D Its also pretty damn easy to wire up.

1mz-fe
08-09-2001, 12:52 AM
i'll take your advice AND your specs, purdue, this is something i wanna do real bad.

Storm81
08-09-2001, 08:06 AM
how hard was it to install the neon lights? and how long do they last? idd u order them from the internet? i want to have some kind of control for them that way i can turn it off from time to time...... i s that possible? i need to find the legal tint for massachusettes..... and i need to order that custom spoiler, but then i need to paint it to match my car color. right now my car is in the shop having body damage fixed because of some moron hitting me! i hope to do these mods soon....hopefully u guys can give me tips on the lighting? thanx

Warlord187
08-09-2001, 08:10 AM
You could always hook the neon up through a toggle switch. That's what I plan on doing. That way you can turn them on and off no matter if you have your headlights on or dome light on or whatever.

Storm81
08-09-2001, 08:14 AM
kool. all your guys help is great, i used to hate that no one had mods to their intrepids until i found this site! can anyone give me specs on how to hook the neon up? and how much would a paint job of a spoiler run me? thanx guys! intrepids rock!!

robin
08-09-2001, 08:41 AM
Storm81, I bought the spoiler you're looking at for my 2000 'trep and I paid about $110 to get it painted. I did put it on myself but it was a pain in the ass, I'd recommend paying the extra $50 bucks to have someone put it on. I would also suggest going to a customizing shop that paints and installs spoilers and stuff. There is some photos of my car in the 2nd gen pictures under my name.
Later
Robin

Storm81
08-09-2001, 10:32 AM
HEY HOW MUCH ENERGY DOES THE NEON LIGHTS TAKE? SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THEY SUCK UP ALOT OF JUICE. hOW LONG DID THE SPOILER TAKE TO SHIP? I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT AND HAVE SOMEONE INSTALL IT FOR ME. HOW MUCH WERE THE NEON LIGHTS TOO? I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING SOME RED ONES IN UNDER THE DASH, THEN WITH THE TINTED WINDOWS IT WOULD LOOOK NICE AT NIGHT! AND THE HOOD BRA ON! HEY I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT SPLITTING THE EXHAUST T O A DUAL? HOW MUCH DOES THAT RUN? I SAW ONE OF THE RED INTREPIDS HAD IT, AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT? PEACE GUYS

robin
08-09-2001, 11:37 AM
I didn't really split my exhaust but for about $170 parts and labor I ordered a Flowmaster 50 series muffler ($90) and a 3" chrome pencil-rolled exhaust tip ($30), then went to Midas Muffler ($50 labor) and had them remove both the resinator and muffler, then they welded a straight pipe where the resinator was and then put the Flowmaster in the same spot where the factory muffler was, then welded on the chrome tip. It sure gives it a nice deep sound and turns some heads too!
Peace
Robin

98PurdueIntrepid
08-09-2001, 07:06 PM
Ok.. Finally some time to make a few posts.. today totally sucked so i'm happy to be home now. OK, neon. First of all they barely pull anything as far as juice goes. The wires running to them are not more than eight little strands so it can't be too much energy. I've got mine hooked up to a toggle switch on the right side of the center console. I got the lights at Auto Zone for like 20 bucks a piece. You want to get ones where the total measured length from end to end is 15". You gotta watch it because some of them are longer and shorter than they say. anyways, I drilled small holes in the seat brackets where they attach to the floor of the car. If you look under the front seats they are drilled next to the big bolt head. Then I attached them with little zip ties that go through the holes on the end of the tubes. now to the wiring. I ran a power cable through the firewall where the throttle cable comes though and hooked it up to point where the power comes into the fuse box on the drivers side under the hood. Oh yeah and i also have an inline fuse thats like 20 or 30 amps.. cant remember thats under the hood too. then i took off the right kick plate on the passanger side where you feet are at. behind there is easy access to a piece of the body where i drilled a hole and attached the ground wire. Then i just mounted a small glow toggle to the side of the console and wired up all the loose ends. The tubes come with the 12 volt plugs, so you just cut those off and run the wires up under the sides of the console. hook up all the + wires from tubes, all the neg wires and the ground an then plug the + group, - group, and power cable to the switch.. walah! that easy.

I also went a step further and added some little blue beam lights that you can also get at autozone and mounted them above the seatbelts on the B pillers and wired them into the switch with the neon. These ones shine blue light across the white roofliner behind the sunroof.. really cool. ok if there are any questions then you know where to find me.

Oh yeah and the neon lasts forever until somebody thinks its the bar to move the seat forward.. you get the point.. i found out the hard way :)

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: 98PurdueIntrepid ]