Question about the front grill [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Question about the front grill

GaryS
10-06-2001, 02:20 PM
I don't have the fog lights. Is it possible to change the front grill to the one with the fog lights?

What are your thoughts on this?

97purple_trep
10-06-2001, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it is possible, you just have to get your hands on one.

You also have to think about painting.

But If you find one at a junkyard, and can mount it yourself, it shouldnt be all that much. I personally think they look soooo much better with the stock foglights.

good luck.

ottowrkr
10-06-2001, 07:36 PM
Gary S -sure you can change the front fascia to one with fog lights. Not only do you need the fascia ,but you also need what are called thermo shields ,these are the tall plastic air deflectors under the fascia on either side of the rad .The ES/RT use the same thermo shield and the SE uses another .They are installed with one plastic rivet to the to metal cover over the rad and two plastic push-pins on the bottom If you try to install the new fascia with the old shields it wont fit

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: ottowrkr ]

n_koutelas
10-09-2001, 07:23 PM
I personally object to any car with foglights out near the edges of the fascia. I don't like how it looks. Install aftermarket ones in the bottom groove. I have them on mine and they make the car look sportier than the factory ones. Just my opinion...

IntrepidXJ
10-09-2001, 07:52 PM
I actually feel the opposite. I like them closer to the edges better...

grimmster
10-10-2001, 07:55 AM
And I'm just opposite of Gary. I hate the looks of fog lights on the Intrepid. So I would want to find a base fascia if I ever got an ES or R/T :D

blkbute
10-10-2001, 08:23 AM
hmm, each has there advantages, with the base front end there are no foglights so you can add in aftermarket lights. but I think the ES/RT front end looks way better. I want to remove the 2 small ribs.
http://city.chatham-kent.on.ca/images2/ccc/blkft1.jpg
then fill up the front end with that mesh grill stuff, I think that would look pretty sweet.