Ok-tried putting in my OTIS and I have a problem and 2 questions. [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Ok-tried putting in my OTIS and I have a problem and 2 questions.

BK
11-23-2001, 11:13 PM
I plugged in the OTIS (using the entire harness from the donor car) tonight to see if it works and its fine except for the odometer reading, it reads --:--, did I fail to hook something up correctly? It seems that there are a lot of extra connections on the harness. The other thing is what is the fastest way and easiest way to cut the headliner? I'd really like to do this install myself instead of taking it the mechanic.
Thanks,
BK :)

IntrepidXJ
11-23-2001, 11:40 PM
I don't beliueve that Thrasher could get an odometer reading when he hooked his up as well....

lilgroby
11-24-2001, 01:15 AM
What the hell is an OTIS? and should I get one?

BK
11-24-2001, 04:21 AM
lilgroby- OTIS (Overhead Trip Information System)- The R/T's for 2000 and 01 didn't get these which displays compass heading, outside air temp, elapsed time, odometer, average fuel economy and distance to empty and average speed (not sure of the last one). Some of the other guys on the board have removed them from parts cars in yards installed them into their R/T's.

Don Hardy
11-24-2001, 09:32 PM
average speed is not available on any of them as far as I know. My OTIX does all of that plus a menu button that sets light flash, door openers, language, lights on with wipers and more stuff I can't even think of now. The odometer you mention is the trip odometer, or the distance to empty? All functions work on mine. Maybe I'm just lucky to have gotten the exact compatible model for my car.

BK
11-25-2001, 03:22 AM
Actually Don, its the trip odometer. When I had it plugged in it said 184 miles to empty so I know that works. I have the feeling that this maybe something the dealer might need to set into it. I was looking for the OTIX since the one in my Dad's LHS does everything that yours does, (haven't had any luck at yards on that one yet but at least I'm now wired). I'd really prefer one like yours. Its too bad we don't have memory seats or we could also use the easy exit feature (on the OTIX) where it moves your seat back two inches when you remove the key and then when you re-insert the key moves it back to your orginal driving position.

Thrasher
11-25-2001, 07:39 AM
everythig works on mine except the odometer. other than that it's working fine..

what I did regarding the harness...I clipped the pink and blue/white wires and tapped them in overhead, the other 2 i simply liberated the pins from the connector, and plugged them into my existing harness. u gotta unwrap the donor harness and just use the 4 wires going to the console.

cutting the headliner is a breeze, use a utility knife...

also, u will need to remove the driver side sunvisor so u can drop the liner down a little to stuff yer wires in.

this job is really really really easy to do and no need to take it to the dealer or pay someone to do it.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]