A MAJOR KILL!!! [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: A MAJOR KILL!!!

zwatman
01-26-2002, 05:00 PM
about two days ago i had a major kill. i was driving outside of my hometown on a country road at around midnight. I went around a curve on this road and came right up to the nicest stretch of about a little over a 1/4 mile. I brought my car up to about 60 mph and started crusin when all of a sudden a
1994-96 Impala SS jumped right in front of me!! Okay, not really, but it was close...it was about a 6-8 yr. old male deer.
I swerved around it luckily only to slam into its significant other...
it crunched my front passenger side corner and dented my hood. It also completely smashed my windshield, bent my windshield wiper, and shot my rear view mirror off of my windshield right at my face.Luckily it had an electronic light dimmer on it so the cords stopped it from hitting me.i screamed like a girl cause it scared me and i'd never even hit anything before.

it was the most depressing day of my life and i had just got my car looking how i always wanted it to, and i was just getting ready to take pictures of it to put on here too.But to top it off...i just had my full coverage insurance changed to liability...

oh well, s#!t happens and i'll post some pictures of the damage soon. later- zack

MoparPerformance
01-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry, it's not really at all funny but I did laugh just the way you described it man! The complete terror you described, the screaming, the mirror flying off and shooting at your face, I can just imagine that! That would suck!

I hope your insurance company will take care of you bro! Oh shhht I just noticed that.... aaaw man....! If you're gonna fix it there are various used and replacement parts places that will hopefully help you or it's just too much you can trade it in.... I wonder if a dealership would do that....? That would have been funny if I just brought my totalled 99ES into the dealer to trade it in like it was. That'd be hilarious!

Poor deer!

That sucks, I really feel ya man.... I totalled my 99 Intrepid ES when something failed on my front end. I was driving around a slight bend at about 40MPH, shhht went limp and wobbled and it fishtailed flying over the median into oncomming traffic, I flew through a small tree and managed to get it back into my lane then it just drove to the right and I was able to land it through someone's back yard and fence luckily not hurting anyone.... Airbags deployed and everything! I thought I was dead for a while, I guess I'm not....!

Take care man, hope your allright!

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

p3
01-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Aww man, that sucks. :( That has been one of my biggest fears is hitting a deer and smashing the hell out of my ride. Deer are bad here, so I know how they can jump out of nowhere. I hope you can get your car fixed realatively cheap and get back on the road.

MoparHead
01-26-2002, 07:16 PM
A major kill in the true sense of the word!

Seriously, sorry to hear it man. Glad you are OK and hope you can get stuff fixed cheap.

Just be thankful it wasn't a moose. If you hit one of those bastards in an Intrepid you would be dead. Most likely you would take its legs out and then its body would land on your windshield . . .not pretty considering they can weigh over a thousand pounds.

:)

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: MoparHead ]

Warlord187
01-26-2002, 08:19 PM
Get any deer meat out of him? :D

Glad to hear your ok. I've come close a couple of times to hitting a deer.

zwatman
01-27-2002, 10:50 PM
hey, turns out itll all be okay! i get a new hood and light and windshield and all.thanks for the support. ;)

MoparPerformance
01-27-2002, 11:15 PM
glad to hear it bro!