The Forums are Back [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: The Forums are Back

IntrepidXJ
02-16-2002, 05:08 PM
Welcome back to DodgeIntrepid.Net's new and improved forums!!

Since we were down and had to move anyways, I took the time to move to this new forum software :) We are now running on a mySQL backend, so it should be more reliable and faster (and easier to backup). There are many more options that you can set in your user CP, so go check that out and have fun!!!

Anyways, there is one problem that I noticed in the change. If your Public name and Private name on the old UBB were different, then the only name you have over here is your old private name, so you can log in as normal, however you're name in the posts will also be that name.

If you would like your name changed back to the public name (recommended), please PM or email me with your current name, and what you want it changed to!!

If anyone encounters any more problems, please let me know ASAP.

Hope you have fun, and thanks for your patience :D

IntrepidXJ
02-16-2002, 05:10 PM
One more problem, bullets no longer work, however, HTML is enabled in signatures now, so feel free to use a list as opposed to the vB code :)

1mz-fe
02-17-2002, 01:07 AM
everyone owes randy a massive debt of gratitude. he worked pretty much nonstop from 5 pm thursday to midnight saturday getting the forums up and running again.

thanks, randy.

IntrepidXJ
02-17-2002, 01:23 AM
All avatars were lost in the conversion. You will have to edit those in your CP as well :)

JoeKD
02-17-2002, 01:30 AM
thank you randy for once again proving to us all that you have the drive and dedication to make this the best car forum on the net

p3
02-17-2002, 01:55 AM
Thanks for all the time you have spent on the forum recovery. I know it was greatly appreciated by those of us who were having withdraws. :p

dodgeguy
02-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Wow, Thanks Randy ,what a great job, you are truely a dedicated person . New forum seems awesome.

IntrepidXJ
02-17-2002, 11:38 AM
On another note. The search works now!!!

DMAG
02-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Randy, you are the man!!! Great Job...we all appreciate the work.

DjPiLL
02-17-2002, 05:50 PM
Sweet forums. I love the options you have now when typing out posts. One question though... anyways on the main forums page where it lists all the categories... and the last poster in each category. Any way to list the most recent topic as well like the old forums did?

Love the fact you can get email notification on replies now.... and not just topic starts.

DMAG
02-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Small problem with the email notification system. I disabled it in my profile because I hate getting so much mail....but I keep getting the emails!!

Any reason why I still am getting all of these emails?:crazy:

IntrepidXJ
02-17-2002, 06:53 PM
97 sport is having the same problem, and I haven't figured it out yet. my guess is anything you had posted earlier with it on, will stay on?

DMAG
02-17-2002, 07:00 PM
That's possible. OK, everyone...stop replying to anything I posted to earlier today. Thanks:tongue:

DjPiLL
02-17-2002, 09:15 PM
What? ;O)

Actually I love the email notification system... cause sometimes ill lose threads that I was really interested in... or ill forget about them

IntrepidXJ
02-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Let me also say, thart vB was the easies forum software that I have ever installed!!! UBB is probably the most complex with all it's permissions and all.

JoeKD
02-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Intrepidatious
Small problem with the email notification system. I disabled it in my profile because I hate getting so much mail....but I keep getting the emails!!

Any reason why I still am getting all of these emails?:crazy:

the default for email notify is "yes" therfore any posts you made prior to changing the default option will continue to notify you

I learned this the hard way....

Warlord187
02-18-2002, 05:59 PM
WHAT? THE FORUMS WERE DOWN!!!!!!!?

:sarcasm:

:biggrin:

As always Randy, you da man! And a most excellent job. Thanks a bazillion. :biggrin:

MoparHead
02-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I am liking these new forums too! A lot more features to use. Thanks!!

:biggrin: :bigsmile: :tongue:

TREPID 2XIST
02-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Randy, I want to say for one you are really working you ass off, great job i also like the e-mail notification, because I switch to so many different topics. Thanks again Randy.