Throught I was in for it [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Throught I was in for it

blacknite
02-22-2002, 11:25 AM
The other day I was at a traffic light and this nice green 93 Civic pulls up beside me just staring at my green neon rope in the dash. He keeps creeping further and further ahead so I said to my self F**k it and put my 3.3 in L and wait for the light to turn. Here I am thinking that this Civic is going to cream me but to my surprise when the light turned he was at least a 3/4 of a Civic car length ahead of me and I just cought up to him and shifted into 3rd started to creep past him and then finally I said time to show him and shifted into D. It was funny the whole time I heard his muffler just screaming and it kicked his ass don't know how but I did. Couldn't have been an Si thats for sure.

When I was living with my parents about 2 years back I use to drive my dads Acura Integra alot and I would have to really try to get people to race me because no one would but now that I have the intrepid almost everyone wants to race me, don't know why? Maybe its because people don't realize the amount of power our cars have and think they can just blow by us whenever they want.

My intrepid is constantly surprising me... I love it.:tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

MoparPerformance
02-22-2002, 03:39 PM
whooo, nice! Yeah, those guys are loud and slow. 3.3L aint no joke man, seriously, I've took it to a lot of people in my 3.3L.

I remember in my 95 3.3L when my tranny mounts were broken the front end used to lift up like it was gonna take off like a 747, people thought I had a fat ass engine.

Take care man......

blacknite
02-22-2002, 04:27 PM
That's some funny stuff MoparPerformance!
:D :D :D

Man I can't wait for the summer to come around... car shows, sound off's just some much fun waiting to happen.

MoparPerformance
02-22-2002, 04:51 PM
hell yeah, ya know........

p3
02-23-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by MoparPerformance
3.3L aint no joke man

http://www.lamer.net/bsmeter.gif

Lafrad
02-23-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by pimped3point3

http://www.lamer.net/bsmeter.gif

ok.. I haven't laughed this hard in years! 'hold on kids.. this could get messy!'

Lafrad
02-23-2002, 03:08 AM
pimped... yer sig is funny... thing is.. my rearviews fall off too often cuz of the bass rumblin.. :P I can't find a good glue to keep the thing stuck up there!

Wutang15m
02-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Good one pimped LMAO:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Id call the BS Meter too

MoparPerformance
02-23-2002, 04:28 PM
If it's such a joke then why do some of you guys got 3.3L's.....? Add a K&N drop in or custom Intake, some good plugs, plug wires, remove the air silencer and if it's running strong the 3.3L will move pretty nice. Unfortunately Chrysler gave it some pretty crappy exhaust, performance exhaust would be another good thing for a 3.3L.

If I didn't trade mine in for a newer trep I would have also modded the throttlebody and installed a performance ignition. I also remember that the 3.3L was senstive to shitty fuel. I started using 76 and it did make a nice noticeable difference.

Superchips also makes a chip for the 3.3L

I've whooped a lot of ricers in my 1995 3.3L, no mods really, just an engine that was running strong and tuned up well. You guys that own 3.3L's are only laughin' at yourselves......

I never said the 3.3L was some force that can't be wreckend with. I waz just givin' the brother some props for his kill........ Do I have to post my "Hate Or' Meter"?

Speaking of systems that knock...... My friend had a 94' Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 15" Cerwin Vega in a huge custom box in the back. His rearview mirror used to always fall off. He tried Mopar Adhesive, superglue, duct tape, everything, just kept coming down.

Later guys.......

1mz-fe
02-23-2002, 06:55 PM
i think the majority have 3.3s because they wanted a slick, reliable, reasonably-priced, roomy car. the 3.3 is a very reliable engine. i think that's why they chose it to power the intrepid.

MoparPerformance
02-23-2002, 08:46 PM
I definately agree, my 3.3L ran strong at 79K and seemed like it would keep going if maintained well to 150K +, the issue I had was the tranny unfortunately, mainly the pump seals, damn pump seals!!

Axle
02-23-2002, 10:59 PM
No offense to any of the 3.3 guys, but my 3.5 with 103K feels a lot stronger than a buddy's 95 3.3 with 60K. I actually would prefer the 3.3 to the 3.5 first gens because there is a lot more room in the engine bay for custom work. But hey, if I could afford custom work, I wouldnt buy a Trep at all. Maybe a 426 Dart with a 727. Now thats a car.