to all with 20's on a 98+ [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: to all with 20's on a 98+

Atl3.2intrepid
06-10-2004, 11:02 AM
i'm about to get rims.. shoudl i get 245/35/20 or 255/35/20...
i don't want my tires rubbing.

aaron_miller25
06-10-2004, 11:23 AM
255/35/20 is the recommended size as far as I know.

aaron_miller25
06-10-2004, 11:24 AM
What do the wheels u want look like? Just curious I aint no hater (and there are alot on here sometimes LOL!)

BLACK01
06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
I have 255/35/20 and have no rubbing at all. I can max out the steering and still have about an inch or two before it would rub. Very very happy with the look and the ride of the wheels and tires.

Ryan:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

REN'S 01
06-10-2004, 11:38 AM
I have 245/35/20 Nitto extreme with no problems.

luisa
06-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I have 255/35/20 w-rated tires on my 00' Trep!
(I love them!)

Note!- I had some NITTO Extremes on a set of 15's for my 91 sentra, and they were awesome!

---LUISA

Lord Treppr
06-10-2004, 03:41 PM
damnit luisa if you dont post a damn picture of your damn car on this damn site im going to come up there to connecticut and do something really bad to you.
you scream 20" this and 20" that, well damn it i want to see them on your ride.
what brand tires do you run with W rated ?

luisa
06-10-2004, 06:37 PM
First of all! I told everyone that I dont mix with fucking computers that well! So in this case I cant get a fucking pic in here and I left my work to one of the most politest members to post my pics tonite!-and that would be JoeKD!(THE MAN!)

Lord TREPPER you need to paint those ugly primered up MACK TRUCK BUMPERS! LOL!
---LUISA

Hypnos
06-10-2004, 06:47 PM
245/35/20s will make your speedometer more accuarate then 255s, and it will be less likely to rub.

Just because one person isn't rubing with 255s doesn't mean you won't. The offset on the wheels might be different. Most who use 255s do not have rubing problems, but some have. I don't think anyone has rubbed with 245.

luisa
06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Speedometer inaccuracy will occur!, but not serious!, about 5 - Miles off!
---LUISA

Hypnos
06-10-2004, 07:39 PM
No. It's 1.5%. 1MPH off at 70 MPH. It really isn't much.

Atl3.2intrepid
06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
i was looking at Arelli Spiga's but to many ppl have them..
i might go with some black asanti rims and paint the car black too
i don't know yetill shopping around.. but i want to make sure i get the right size tires

luisa
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Sorry hypnos you are right! --->

MY BAD!!!

Lord Treppr
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by luisa
First of all! I told everyone that I dont mix with fucking computers that well! So in this case I cant get a fucking pic in here and I left my work to one of the most politest members to post my pics tonite!-and that would be JoeKD!(THE MAN!)

Lord TREPPER you need to paint those ugly primered up MACK TRUCK BUMPERS! LOL!
---LUISA

do you take your rims off for the winter ?
i heard of people up there where the weather is shitty for 5 months out the year have 2 sets of wheels.
and when i do get it painted, im not going to show a picture of it, but i am going to rant and rave about how good it looks, and then blame the fact of me not posting pictures on here is because im computerly challenged.
anyhow, get the damn picture posted JoeKD.

IS300M
06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I can tell ya one thing Lord Trepper, Luisa's rims look nicer than yours :baaa:

http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/Luisa1.JPG

http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/Luisa2.JPG

http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/Luisa3.JPG

http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/Luisa4.JPG
http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/Luisa5.JPG

BTW heres the link Luisa:
http://www.cis.umassd.edu/~u_sgeary/Intrepid/Luisa/

Lord Treppr
06-11-2004, 02:39 PM
and mine look nicer than your stock ones.
but who cares, this is my 4th set of wheels, and they about gone.
stop jockin until you get some rims other than the stock ones that come with the car.
IMO you cant judge a contest if you cant run in the contest. so what you think about my rims compared to his mean shit.
these rims i have retail at almost 400 each when i first got them, and thats without rubber, i could have gotten whatever set of rims that i wanted, i picked these, did you pick yours ?
his whip is tight, i just wanted to see it.
i had 2 other set of blades before i had these, im done choppin, i want to blind a motherfucca when i ride by, when the sun hit my wheels, you need a set of blue blockers to peep mine.
im tired of people on here always runnin they mouth about something that they dont have or dont want, from now on if you dont have no fucken aftermarket wheels on your ride, reguardless if they are 20's or gotdamn 15's start your fucken comment with
I.M.H.O
or shut the fawk up about it.
but back on the subject, thanks for the pictures L-burna, now i know you aint just blowin smoke or dicc ridin' like most of the other people on DI.net that comment on someone elses ride, but ridin' bone stock with theirs.

IS300M
06-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by IS300M
I can tell ya one thing Lord Trepper, Luisa's rims look nicer than yours :baaa:

See that little baaaaaa smiley face next to my opinion, generally that means its and OPINION.

I dont really care what your rims look like or what my rims look like!

I could a nice set of 20's but do I wanna waste the money for the fact that in one semester I have put on 12,000 miles I dont wanna have to buy new tires every year.

BTW IMHO YOUR BUMPERS ARE FAWKING ASS UGLY AND MATCH YOUR ASS UGLY SET OF BLADES!!:baaa:

Sorry about the Hi-jacking of the thread.:crazy:

Caffinated Soap
06-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally Lord Treppr said the following BS:

im tired of people on here always runnin they mouth about something that they dont have or dont want, from now on if you dont have no fucken aftermarket wheels on your ride, reguardless if they are 20's or gotdamn 15's start your fucken comment with
I.M.H.O
or shut the fawk up about it.

Doesn't the fact that it's an opinion blatently show that it's an opinion and should be judged as thus?

INTREPER
06-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey Luisa, what kind of wax do you use on your ride? You have some serious swirl marks going on. Love the look of the car though. If you've done all that to it on your own, good for you girl!

Tay......I dont even know what to say about you no more. Your wanna be gangsta @$$ just keeps craking me up. But thats just M.H.O. :D

Lord Treppr
06-11-2004, 04:36 PM
not that it really matters, but these are not blades.
and who the hell trying to be gangsta, im in the fucken navy, what the fuck am i trying to be gangsta about, a damn car.
that sounds stupid, trying to be gangsta on the damn internet, now thats funny.
go wax your bosses truck mr bently.
Caffinated Soap<~~~~how them side skirts fit ?
its been a week, still not on yet, and still no paint job.
hurry up, hurry up, hurry up.

Lord Tay
06-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by IS300M

BTW IMHO YOUR BUMPERS ARE FAWKING ASS UGLY AND MATCH YOUR ASS UGLY SET OF BLADES!!:baaa:

Sorry about the Hi-jacking of the thread.:crazy:

about as ugly as this right ?
http://stryfe.no-ip.com/trep/New%20Car/Body%20Kit/Car%20-%20Passenger%20Side%20Angle%20Rear.JPG

Caffinated Soap
06-11-2004, 05:57 PM
The difference is, you've been working on yours since AUGUST, and I've been working on mine since Friday. Plus, I don't have those fugly 20's on my ride. :p

BTW, sanding starts tomorrow, bitch. :devil:

340duster
06-11-2004, 06:05 PM
soaps got it, but hmm...
Lord Tay/Treppr (whatever you go by)
IMHO (since we have to do that now :rolleyes:)
Caff. Soaps wheels look MUCH better than the ugly walls of crap you have on your car....LUIS A's wheels are 30 times better than yours, and i dont like 20s, but you know what? i would rock Luis A's any day of the week, while your wheels would be used as nothing but rollers...and what a coincidence, your skirts arent on either...quit baggin on someone whos gettin their shit done, since he has had a WEEK to do it, while someone has been "working on it" for 10 months

Gorm
06-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I agree. I do not like Lord's rims. But Lord you have no room to talk again Caffinated. Hes done more work on his car in the last week than you have in your entire life.

--Gorm

Lord Treppr
06-12-2004, 11:52 AM
first of all i got the kit the day after christmas.
putting it on took what.....2 days.
obviously.......well i aint going to say that because after all this time you people still dont get it.
painting the ride is not a priority to me...got it, i dont live to mod this car like some of you do.
i have 2 cars, a job, a bitch, and a dog.
it will get done whenever i want it to get done.
if you people live for your cars then your sad people.
spending my money on a paint job dont matter to me, if i feel like painting it then i will, if not then i wont, how many threads on here got to get turned around to what the hell i am doing with my car.
hell the ride is payed for, and i dont really want to put a 3k paint job, or anything into it that i cant get out of it when i feel like selling it...i.e. ripped parts from a damn 300m or anyother car that i can gut and fit it on the intrepid.
if i buy rims, i can just as easily take them mothers off when its time to sell it or trade it in, and go to the block and get just as much money for them as i payed in the first place.
340duster...you just a band wagon member, i can quote you on times when you said that all 20" rims are ugly, because they are big, and dont fit right, and no sidewall, now all of a suddon you want to take louisa's wheels over mine...you wont get any set of wheels, but them stock ones that have because you cant afford them.
Caffinated Soap...i hope you got what you payed for, weather or not you get it done in a week or a year, it dont matter to me, its your car, what the hell does it matter to me if its done or not.
i got the same kit for FREE, simply because i have the ability to lay some bull-shit down over the phone so i could get it.
i never really was going to get the shit done in 45 days like Andys wanted me to do.
i could blame it on the war, and the 3 months i was deployed, but that just helped me save money.
as long as the shit is done before september, i dont give a hell.

Caffinated Soap
06-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally proclaimed by Lord Hypocrite
Caffinated Soap...i hope you got what you payed for, weather or not you get it done in a week or a year, it dont matter to me, its your car, what the hell does it matter to me if its done or not.http://www.3rdgen.org/bb/images/smilies/bs.gifIt really sounds like you're interested in my car being done, son.Originally hailed by Lord Treppr
Caffinated Soap<~~~~how them side skirts fit ?
its been a week, still not on yet, and still no paint job.
hurry up, hurry up, hurry up. But the more you post, the more I'm convinced you're a pathetic human being.
Originally bellowed by Lord Treppr
i got the same kit for FREE, simply because i have the ability to lay some bull-shit down over the phone so i could get it.
i never really was going to get the shit done in 45 days like Andys wanted me to do. You took the chance right out from under someone WILLING to HONESTLY do the job he said he would to get a body kit for free. You laid down a bullshit story to a company, fully knowing you'd never come through with it. Oh, and to top it all off, you're now in a pissing contest with a broke 16 year old kid. You make life in general look like a burden to the rest of us. Way to go, Navy man. It's dicks like you that make our nation a proud one.
http://www.3rdgen.org/bb/images/smilies/finger.gif

P.S. - Forgot the prerequisite I.M.H.O.

340duster
06-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Lord Treppr
340duster...you just a band wagon member, i can quote you on times when you said that all 20" rims are ugly, because they are big, and dont fit right, and no sidewall, now all of a suddon you want to take louisa's wheels over mine...you wont get any set of wheels, but them stock ones that have because you cant afford them.

show me where i said ALL were ugly...its most are, kinda like yours..but i can't afford wheels? is that so? thats cute...i think someone is just mad that they blew way too much money on some ugly ass wheels, and dont worry, if i wanted wheels, i would buy them, but i'd rather go fast in the dakota or duster and have people in a blue/gray intrepid with ugly wheels and an idiot driver looking at the taillights

edit: maybe we should direct one of the nice guys at andy's to this thread?

245s should be fine

Lord Treppr
06-12-2004, 02:24 PM
im not in a pissing contest with you kiddo, save up your money from bagging groceries, or flipping burgers so you can get that paint job, who cares that i fucked over andys, you can direct them to this thread all you want, tell them to cut me a check, ill send it back to them, in fucken pieces.
and its dicks like me who put in work and serve my "proud nation" so that you can have your freedom and sit behind your dads computer under your dads roof and worry why i have chrome wheels and no paint job.
i not on no damn summer break form high school and have nothing to do all day but sand and primer a damn car.
that swhat i work for, so i can pay someone to do it, and if i want to take the money and put it in my ricer...thats my choice.
and who cares that i layed down some bullshit line to get my free kit, like i posted in other threads on here, i wasnt the only one in the contest, go back and do a search for threads by ericfromandys, and see how it all went down.
i sent him pictures of my intrepid and he creamed in his pants, and called me 3 minutes after i sent him my number and told him i would be interseted.
so for you and all the other people "Willing and Honestly" do the job he said he would to get a body kit for free can kiss my ass, it was a contest...and you know what, my big and ugly wheels is what sealed the deal for me.

340duster
06-12-2004, 02:46 PM
hmmm...im in college, i STOCK groceries...get it right, and im on my own laptop...and i get my own apartment in august when i go back to school...yes, you are serving, and i commend you for it, but its dicks like you who keep prices on stuff so high since they dont follow through with their "honest word."

edit: 245s are still probably the best size to go with

Lord Treppr
06-12-2004, 02:54 PM
i wasnt talking to you when i said that, i was talking to the little 16 year old punk who wouldent dare speak to me in such the way he does on here and hide behind the net.

Lord Treppr
06-12-2004, 03:16 PM
and being that i do have my stock bumpers at my crib...and these rims on my cousins altima, i can always go back to this.
http://dodgeintrepid.net/photopost/data/509/613812_img-med.jpg?1713
BTW this is the photo that got me theFREE kit.
IMHO it looks better than 90% of some of the shit i see on here anyway.

Caffinated Soap
06-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally mispronounced by Lord Treppr
im not in a pissing contest with you kiddohttp://www.3rdgen.org/bb/images/smilies/liar.gif
So far all you've been doing here is telling people how much better your 'ride' is than anyone else's. Your chrome 20's will overpower all, and whatnot.
Lord Treppr's voice echos into the crowd ushering
it looks better than 90% of some of the shit i see on here anyway.Sounds like I'm not the only one you're in a contest with. Maybe someone's a little insecure with themselves?

Now you think that because I'm 16 and earning a living and you're in the Navy that you are a greater individual than I'll ever amount to being, right? Excuse me while I play the world's smallest violin for you, and your oh-so-difficult life.

I really wish I had the option of being under my dad's roof, on my dad's computer right now, he's with his squadron from Ft. Bragg. He hasn't been home in a year. My grandpa and uncle died in war as well. I really doubt my family needs you to make your sacrifices for OUR freedom. But then again, by the looks of things, you're currently ON DUTY at your base and sacrificing for our contry by explaining to all of us here how you're the bigger man than I. Better yet, why don't you tell me why you're going out to die fighting to defend the same people you come home and lie and cheat to? Oh, and by fight, I mean flip your little burgers on the boat, because I'm really doubting you've ever entered live combat to secure my freedom.

I work at a rock yard. I HAVE worked here since I was 13. I started wiring dynamite to blast the rock out of the ground, but since then have moved on to working with and on the heavy equipment we use here. Now, explain to me where I'm flipping burgers and bagging groceries? I WISH I worked in an A/C environment like you do. I clock in my 7 hours a day, and I come home to work on my car, which I have so far bought everything and done everything on. And, believe it or not, I haven't cheated ANY companies out of their deserved money! How about that, Mr. Navy man? But forget about that, how could a 16 year old ever survive without his precious mommy and daddy protecting him?! I've cussed out higher ranking officers than you'll ever meet. My dad actually has a list of XO's that aren't too fond of me anymore.

I really doubt you'd like to see me in life, 'cause I'd have set you back in your place long ago. Verbally. So, continue to hide on your post. I'll just stay here and cower under your godly 'dubz,' ok "G?" Because apparently I have nothing better to do than complain at the adults (ehrm, in this case theives) that lurk out on the internet.

But please, continue on, my heart bleeds for you and your struggle to keep the world's 'bad guys' in order, all by yourself. Sounds like you still have some growing up to do.

340duster
06-13-2004, 12:34 AM