2.7, 3.2 flywheel question [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: 2.7, 3.2 flywheel question

06-11-2004, 05:50 PM
I finally found a 3.2 engine to replace my dead 2.7 in my '98. The '99 engine seems to be okay but is missing a few parts needed for the conversion that I'm trying to track down. The 3.2 had the flywheel missing, will the 2.7 off my dead engine be usable w/ the 3.2 ?

06-12-2004, 03:52 PM

06-26-2004, 04:11 PM
actually it IS the same...

06-26-2004, 04:15 PM
This might sound stupid...but whats the flywheel?


06-26-2004, 05:16 PM
The flywheel, more commonly called a flex plate on an auto, is what the starter grips to start the engine. It bolts to the end of the crankshaft. Transmission torque converter is bolted to the other side.