what is up with the 2.7? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: what is up with the 2.7?

SilverSpecial
06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Why does the 2.7 sound so electronic when you step on the gas? It sounds like a computer harddrive starting u p rather than a V6! It's a cool sound but kinda whimpy sounding as well. How can I get this engine to sound more like a car, not a computer?

concordia
06-25-2004, 12:40 PM
put a JoeKD intake on it and new exhaust -- then always just romp on it!;)

cperez44
06-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Just put a j-intake in two days ago. Damn, what a difference. The sound is amazing. Completely got rid of that whining noise it made before. The noticable amount of power the intake gives the car is very impressing. Took a integra last night and was killing him by about 5 car lengths. Then he did a shot of nitrous and blew right by me. Nitrous really doesn't smell very good.

Gorm
06-25-2004, 03:08 PM
I like the sound. Although mine had been getting rather "weeze" lately. I thought maybe it was teh chain/pump...but now I don't know, now that I know that stuff is good.

--Gorm

Brody
06-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by cperez44
Just put a j-intake in two days ago. Damn, what a difference. The sound is amazing. Completely got rid of that whining noise it made before. The noticable amount of power the intake gives the car is very impressing. Took a integra last night and was killing him by about 5 car lengths. Then he did a shot of nitrous and blew right by me. Nitrous really doesn't smell very good.

I know nitrous does have a weird smell to it.