Reset your factory alarm (discussion) [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Reset your factory alarm (discussion)

jcman311
02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Great work wire2. I'm sure when can get this copied/moved to a how-to/faq section!

MrBigglesworth
02-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, looks like this is something I gotta try. I just hope my electronics/wiring skills haven't died out on me.

We replaced both the PCM and BCM and ran great for over 30 miles after restarting the car a few times after stopping at our destination. Then, bam, headlights blinking (my indicator, LOL), start then stop after 3 seconds.

Anyone got a simple wiring diagram/picture that could show what needs to be wired etc?

Thanks

PS, is this gauranteed to work? LOL, we are at our wits end fighting this auto shut down. I can go out to my car right now (er...when I get home from work), and as soon as I turn the key on the headlights will start flashing.

wire2
02-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Mr. B, pm me your email addy, and I'll scan the schematics and send them to you.

Hypnos
02-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Wiring diagrams and pin outs for the BCM and alarm:
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29190

MrBigglesworth
02-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks!

Someone had PM'd me stating that I could just ground pin 3 if I want to permenantly disable the alarm trigger. Is this correct?

MrBigglesworth
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Looking at the diagrams that hypnos provided, I see that Pin 3 goes to the "Door Key Cycle Switch"

Shouldn't the alarm have been disarmed if we used the master key on the driver side door to lock/unlock a few times? Or is it possible that circuit could be open, thus training the PCM and BCM to think something is wrong and triggering the alarm? And grounding Pin 3 or setting to a switch should solve the issue?

wire2
02-16-2004, 02:53 PM
If your car didn't come with factory VTA it won't have the door key switches. Or the switch could be defective. And yes, grounding the black connector pin 3 should permanently reset it.

MrBigglesworth
02-16-2004, 03:23 PM
This has to be it! The Father In Law, cannot remember if it came with a factory alarm, but, if we replaced it with BCM and PCM that came from a car that did, this would make sense. I bet this works now.

MrBigglesworth
02-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Help! My BCM only has 2 connectors going to the bone and grey connector. There is no black connector with wires going to it. Do we still short pin 3 on that to ground to fix the problem?

MrBigglesworth
02-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Success. We wired to pin 3 directly on the BCM box, then spliced into Pin 21 on the Bone, and it works! I am sooo happy now!

MrBigglesworth
03-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Make damn sure that whatever you do you secure your connection. We had to change something out the other day and the BCM didn't have a good connection to Pin 3 last night, took me an hour, plus bumming a friends car to the toolshop down the street since I didn't have any with me at work, but I was able to get Pin 3 reconnected to ground.

Intrepid1440
11-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Wire2 states "If your car didn't come with factory VTA." Whats a factory VTA?

EagleESI
11-12-2007, 01:19 AM
i think he means VTSS

Vehicle Theft security system.

stroise
11-13-2007, 04:35 PM
for some reason those links dont work for me. I wonder why. when i click on hypnos link it shows the engine size and stuff but diagrams wont show up.

EagleESI
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
because hypnos must have linked them off his own server, in which is no longer working or these pictures are no longer available.

gn300
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
So ,by grounding out the alarm door switch pin#3 the alarm will be completly disarmed?

Any ground or best to body ground in harness #21?

Will the remotes still work to lock and unlock the doors?

Becouse locking with remote armes the car and blows horn.

2legit24
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
I got a 2001 Intrepid that i race and the battery died after sitting in the garage for a couple months this winter. Its competely stripped out so i don't have door wiring to try and unlock or lock. Tried jupping the strarter motor turns over fuel pump is pumpin and spark. Injectors are shut down. I read this just don't understand what i am wiring or where to do it. If someone can PM me and explain and help me out i would greatly appreciate it. We have been trying to figure out how to bypass the security for 2yrs now. Anyone please help! Thanks.

huskerconcorde
07-22-2014, 04:14 PM
It's not my car it's my cousins but his lights flash no horn though. Will it work if I ground out the 3 to get it running. It was running one day and then the lights started flashing and no codes. So I have looking for a solution and came upon this forum. I hope to get this running for him soon. THanks