3rd Fuse burnt out! [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: 3rd Fuse burnt out!

Carlos
03-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey guys!
I have a big problem with my fuse amp. It keeps burning up my fuses!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: It's the third one now!
I have the Punch 800.2 pushing 2 15" Punch HE2s at 2 ohms. So, what is it?????:confused:

bakerboy90660
03-14-2002, 03:32 PM
How do you have them set up? Are they bridged or are they running straight stereo?

p3
03-14-2002, 04:28 PM
You should have a warranty on the amp. Take it back and have the place you got it at look at it. If all else fails they will give you a new amp. That's what they did with my MTX amp.

Carlos
03-15-2002, 09:41 AM
My amp is running 800W at 2 ohms. My whole set up is series parallel, that's how i got the 2 ohms. My amp is brand new and we tested it and everything. The thing is that when i first got it installed for some reason the fuse was left out. I hooked it later on. This fuse is connected between the power line from the battery to the amp. I had no probs with my amp, except that it would get really hot and shut off, when it cooled down, it will work again. So, now, with the stupid fuses, they are just blowing up. What is it? Too much power for the fuse? Should i get a bigger fuse? Do you think if I get a cap it will work fine?
I'm so frustrated, i have no bass right now, i just have the box and amp in there, i can't even use them:mad:

OneSpecialM
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
sounds like you are pushing your subs too hard and the amp isn't liking it, maybe its not stable to 2 ohms......try just running the subs straight off the amp with out the parallel shit and see what happens

morrissjeffa
03-27-2002, 02:57 PM
How are oyur wires and cables? Do any of them get warm? You might want to check your ground and after that you might want to look at a bigger fuse. What size fuses have you been using. And you have to forgive me but I am not a RF fan so I don't know much about their equipment, but what kind of output do you think you are getting with your systemsetup like that? Any further q's email me!

Jeff

penguin_orange@hotmail.com:bigsmile:

Carlos
03-28-2002, 10:56 AM
I found the problem.
My amp is 2 ohms stable, i'm running series paralell, so i'm getting 800 W rms from my amp. I went to a local shop where they do professional installations and everything. The guy told me that this kind of amp and setup are mainly used for competition, the amp cranks up the bass pretty good, but only for small amounts of time, and it's true. So the thing is, this kind of amp gets hot really easy, and yes all the wires get pretty hot, specially the one from the battery. My fuse is not that big either, i forgot the size though. So, i'm hooking up my subs to 4 ohms, i don't care if i only get 400W rms, that still is pretty loud with my 15s. And hopefully really soon i will get my cap. That way my cap will help my battery and amp, and i won't be sucking up all the power straight out from the battery. Also, i'm getting a smaller box, since they one i have it's way too big and my subs aren't asking for that much of space. So, i should be ok once i get everything re-setup. What do you think guys?:cool:

TypeMack
03-30-2002, 04:17 PM
a little of the subject, but do you recommend the xplod's that you have, I'm thinking about getting a pair of 6*9's for the back and I'm shopping aroudn, what do any of you recommend?