Diffrence between ES and SE??? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Diffrence between ES and SE???

slickviper
09-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey, I was just wondering, what is the diffrence between the ES and the SE?

bongobobny
09-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Answer, a few thousand dollars!! The SE is the "entry level" Intrepid whereas the ES is the "luxury" version. The SE has cloth interior, the ES has leather, the SE has no foglights, the ES does, etc.

Of course, both could be had with various options, but as the options grew, it magically turned into as ES...

slickviper
09-15-2004, 06:22 PM
AH, thanks man, I thought the other way around.. I thought that the ES was the more sporter model and the SE was the luxory one.

D76G12
09-15-2004, 06:54 PM
SE = base, ES = luxury, SXT = sport, R/T = luxury sport
For more details see ... http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14050

slickviper
09-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Ive never seen a SXT around though? are they really hard to find or something?

dakotaquadsport
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Ive never seen a SXT around though? are they really hard to find or something?

Yes and no. Depends on where you live really. SXT was the R/T replacement basically. ES's on first gen's were top of the line for Intrepids also.

dbaudiopro
09-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Ive never seen a SXT around though? are they really hard to find or something?An R/T is more rare than an SXT, but neither is any where near as numerous as the SEs and ESs. The R/Ts were only available from midyear 2000 to early 2002 and the SXT was available from 2002 through 2004...

SAT098
09-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Actually the SEs for 2004 come with the fog lights. ( my '04 SE came has ABS,PW,PL, CC,Pwr Seat,CD,tilt,)

for 2004 the SE gets the 2.7 , the ES gets the 3.2

however I have noticed a lot of 2001-2003 ES have only the 2.7.

dbaudiopro
09-16-2004, 10:21 AM
The SE has always had the 2.7L engine and the ES has the 3.2 standard (2.7L was a rarely found option) until 2002 when it recieved the 3.5L non-HO engine. It's rare to find an ES with the 2.7L engine from any year. Also, to my knowledge the SE was never equipped with fog lamps from factory. I think you have your ES/SE swapped around... ;)

SAT098
09-16-2004, 10:35 AM
The SE has always had the 2.7L engine and the ES has the 3.2 standard (2.7L was a rarely found option) until 2002 when it recieved the 3.5L non-HO engine. It's rare to find an ES with the 2.7L engine from any year. Also, to my knowledge the SE was never equipped with fog lamps from factory. I think you have your ES/SE swapped around... ;)

I own a 2004 SE, all '04 are equiped with the fog lamps, I believe the last year of the first gens were all equipp :squarewin ed with that grill, and fogs (check the Daimler Chrysler website for the '04 builds )

I am also certain of finding several ESs with the 2.7 litre engine in the prior years.

dakotaquadsport
09-16-2004, 11:09 AM
I own a 2004 SE, all '04 are equiped with the fog lamps, I believe the last year of the first gens were all equipp :squarewin ed with that grill, and fogs (check the Daimler Chrysler website for the '04 builds )

Could be a possibility. First gens from 96 and up were equipped with fog lamps if I'm not mistaken. But I've seen plenty of 04 SE's without foglamps.

I am also certain of finding several ESs with the 2.7 litre engine in the prior years.

That is true. You could have ordered an ES, but subtracted the 3.2/3.5 motor for a 500 dollar savings. I think they finally just stopped doing that.

luisa
09-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Yes It was a cost savings option from the factory-special ordered!.

crombie
09-16-2004, 12:44 PM
SE's also get better (slightly) gas mileage.

SAT098
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
not to belabour the point....on the DC Canada web site, it says that '04 SEs come with fog lights... but come to think of it I have seen some advertised in the newspaper without, always thought that made a mistake.

I also saw where the '04 option lists were very limited. like you could not get a sunroof in a SE, but I believe all ES came with one...

see below for SE list
Intrepid SE

2.7-litre DOHC 24-valve V6 200-horsepower engine
4-speed automatic transmission
Next-Generation driver and front passenger air bags*
Air conditioning
Assist handles for rear outboard passengers
Brake-Park Interlock
LATCH-ready child-seat top tether anchors and lower anchors
Rear climate control outlets
Two rear coat hooks
Cold Weather Group, which includes engine block heater and battery warmer
Floor console with cup holders, coin holders, cassette and CD storage and rear-seat heat and A/C outlets
Child-protection rear-door locks
Dual power exterior mirrors
Power door locks with speed-sensitive automatic locking feature
Stainless-steel exhaust system
Front and rear floor mats
Interior lighting that includes: front map/reading lamps, rear reading/courtesy lamps and trunk lamp
Power trunk-lid release
12-volt power accessory outlet
Height-adjustable 3-point driver and front outboard passenger seat belts with travelling buckles
Adjustable 3-point lap/shoulder seat belts at all rear-seat positions
Sentry Key® Engine Immobilizer with 2 encoded keys
Remote/Illuminated Entry System
Electronic speed-control with steering wheel-mounted controls
Tilt steering column
Front independent suspension with gas-charged MacPherson struts and stabilizer bar
Rear independent multi-link with gas-charged Chapman struts
Power windows with driver's one-touch-down feature
AM/FM stereo radio with CD player, changer controls and four speakers
Solar-control glass in all windows
P225/60R16 BSW All-Season Touring tires
Steel wheels with bolt-on wheel covers
Compact spare tire
Quad-halogen headlamps with delay feature
Fog lamps ************************************************** **
Four-wheel disc brake system
Side-impact intrusion protection
Inside emergency trunk-lid release
Cloth-faced low-back front buckets with reclining seatbacks and adjustable head restraints
Variable intermittent windshield wipers

dbaudiopro
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
The options will also vary between Canada and the US. The foglight option may be a Canada only thing like standard day time running lamps etc. There were plenty of '04s on the lots here without fog lamps so it couldn't have been a standard option.

Also, the option did exist for the 2.7L in the ES, but it was a rare option. The 3.2L was standard from the beginning. However, I believe the 2.7L was a typical option for fleet sales of the ES (i.e. rentals etc.)...

MasonMI
09-16-2004, 07:52 PM
not to belabour the point....on the DC Canada web site, it says that '04 SEs come with fog lights... but come to think of it I have seen some advertised in the newspaper without, always thought that made a mistake.

I also saw where the '04 option lists were very limited. like you could not get a sunroof in a SE, but I believe all ES came with one...

see below for SE list
Intrepid SE

2.7-litre DOHC 24-valve V6 200-horsepower engine
4-speed automatic transmission
Next-Generation driver and front passenger air bags*
Air conditioning
Assist handles for rear outboard passengers
Brake-Park Interlock
LATCH-ready child-seat top tether anchors and lower anchors
Rear climate control outlets
Two rear coat hooks
Cold Weather Group, which includes engine block heater and battery warmer
Floor console with cup holders, coin holders, cassette and CD storage and rear-seat heat and A/C outlets
Child-protection rear-door locks
Dual power exterior mirrors
Power door locks with speed-sensitive automatic locking feature
Stainless-steel exhaust system
Front and rear floor mats
Interior lighting that includes: front map/reading lamps, rear reading/courtesy lamps and trunk lamp
Power trunk-lid release
12-volt power accessory outlet
Height-adjustable 3-point driver and front outboard passenger seat belts with travelling buckles
Adjustable 3-point lap/shoulder seat belts at all rear-seat positions
Sentry Key® Engine Immobilizer with 2 encoded keys
Remote/Illuminated Entry System
Electronic speed-control with steering wheel-mounted controls
Tilt steering column
Front independent suspension with gas-charged MacPherson struts and stabilizer bar
Rear independent multi-link with gas-charged Chapman struts
Power windows with driver's one-touch-down feature
AM/FM stereo radio with CD player, changer controls and four speakers
Solar-control glass in all windows
P225/60R16 BSW All-Season Touring tires
Steel wheels with bolt-on wheel covers
Compact spare tire
Quad-halogen headlamps with delay feature
Fog lamps ************************************************** **
Four-wheel disc brake system
Side-impact intrusion protection
Inside emergency trunk-lid release
Cloth-faced low-back front buckets with reclining seatbacks and adjustable head restraints
Variable intermittent windshield wipers

I have a 2004 Intrepid SE and it did not come with fog lamps, and the others that were on the lot didn't have fog lamps, I have the Keyless Entry, Power seats and CD player, some 2004's didn't have these options.

D76G12
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
When I was shopping around for my Trep I even saw an SE with a factory wing ... go figure. And an ES that had Trac Cont (right there on the sticker) but no button to turn it off! There were several odd things going on with options at the end of the model run. I mean, what were they gonna' do with all the extra parts - stick 'em in a warehouse for five years then take a tax write-off ...?

SAT098
09-17-2004, 08:55 AM
D76G12... I think you're onto it, about the end of run thing. My post of SE was off of the DC Canada web site. all of the SEs I have seen here have the fog lights, as far as the factory wing, the dealers price on the wing for my car painted (graphite metallic) is $250.00 cad which translates to like $185.00 usd. ( how can you beat that !, although I have not ordered one yet )

dakotaquadsport
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
When I was shopping around for my Trep I even saw an SE with a factory wing ... go figure. And an ES that had Trac Cont (right there on the sticker) but no button to turn it off! There were several odd things going on with options at the end of the model run. I mean, what were they gonna' do with all the extra parts - stick 'em in a warehouse for five years then take a tax write-off ...?

Yes that is known that they pulled the traction control switch for some odd reason.... The foglights are probably a Canada only option. I mean they still list the Intrepid and 300M on their webpage.......they've been gone for months from here...lol

But I did notice that the Magnum SE in Canada still gets the 2.7, not the 3.5, but the 300 is standard with the 3.5 :fun_84:

CluelessinMO
09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Answer, a few thousand dollars!! The SE is the "entry level" Intrepid whereas the ES is the "luxury" version. The SE has cloth interior, the ES has leather, the SE has no foglights, the ES does, etc.

Of course, both could be had with various options, but as the options grew, it magically turned into as ES...
Wrongo on the seats. Lots of ES's have cloth, mine included. Thank goodness. I hate leather.

MasonMI
09-17-2004, 09:55 PM
I have noticed several Intrepid's lately with daytime running lights, when I shopped for mine none had daytime running lights, I take it these must be Canadian models?

rknapp
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Wrongo on the seats. Lots of ES's have cloth, mine included. Thank goodness. I hate leather.

before i got my ES (which has leather) i went to Car Parts one day in the SE i used to have, and there was an ES there with cloth seats, so i know thats common.

I have noticed several Intrepid's lately with daytime running lights, when I shopped for mine none had daytime running lights, I take it these must be Canadian models?

I can only assume so, my ES came with every option, but does not have daytime running lamps, which i could have used last night when i left block buster and forgot to turn them on, people were flashing their lights at me and i didn't know why until my friend cell'd me (he was following me since we just got back from picking up his car from Maaco) and told me my lights were off. thank goodness no cops were around :P

bongobobny
09-19-2004, 07:48 PM

You are right. I guess I should have phrased it "you can only get leather with the ES." Sorry, I was thinking of Stratue SE vs ES, I guess

dakotaquadsport
09-19-2004, 08:36 PM

Yep, or fleet cars.