Best place to mount the GPS antenna? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Best place to mount the GPS antenna?

Avenger
10-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Hmmmmm, where is the best place to mount the GPS antenna on the RB1? Mine is having problems getting a good signal.

mnitetrain
10-17-2004, 11:34 PM
In 300M when you have the panel off reach up to right of clock--there seems to be some sort orf rod support--I was able to wedge the antenna between that rod and the dash. Usually get 8 sats.

Avenger
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Is the rod support metal? Did you magnetically stick it on or did you use the adhesive sticky pad?

JoeKD
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
mine is stuck on top of the heater vents in the center dash area, never had a problem with signal

yes, the antenna should have double stick tape on the bottom of it

dbaudiopro
10-18-2004, 12:01 PM
The most common place to mount a GPS antenna is under the dash pad up front or under the carpet on the rear deck (in the Trep the dash is the better choice as the unit is mounted there rather than in the truck like some others). Just make sure it has a clear view of the sky (i.e. it's not behind the roof line and there aren't any metal dash pieces mounted above it)...

Gorm
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Mine is stuck right on top of the vents that push the air right below the clock. I also usually get around 8 Sats.

--Gorm

Avenger
10-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Well, I mounted it where you said Gorm.......I stuck the metal sticky pad down and then stuck the magnetic antenna to the metal. I seem to be getting 7 or 8 sats.......but I'm afraid the antenna is gonna slide off of that metal sometime, the magnet isn't amazingly strong unfortunetely :(

........know what sucks about the RB1? The POI's are MOSTLY American. I go into some categories and the closest one listed is friggin 150km's away in Buffalo :(