Placement of equalizer [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Placement of equalizer

bnelly428
03-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Whats goin on, I am buying an digital equalizer off a friend of mine. It is the same depth and width of a conventional deck, but the height is less than half of a deck. I was wondering where i could put this equalizer in the front of my car, i want to do little modifications to the dash etc. any ideas?

p3
03-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Hmm...if it's too big to fit in the ash tray, you could mount it on one of the inside walls of the center console. That way it is out of site.

bnelly428
03-27-2002, 04:50 PM
the equalizer is digital and lights up to the music and stuff so the point is for it to be visible, thanks anyway

p3
03-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bnelly428
the equalizer is digital and lights up to the music and stuff so the point is for it to be visible

Ah yes, unneccisary bullshit. :p You could mount it under the dash. That's about all I can think of.

Warlord187
03-27-2002, 07:14 PM
Is the stock radio housing a DIN and a half? My '91 Sundance did and I had the head unit and the EQ mounted in the same opening. That is what I want to do in my Intrepid, but I don't think the stock radio housing is a DIN and a half.

bnelly428
04-01-2002, 07:13 PM
not a clue bro

intrepidator
04-03-2002, 03:04 PM
The radio in the '98 and up intrepids is considered a din and a half, but since the corners are rounded it cuts down the size a little not allowing to place an eq under or above a din opening for a aftermarket radio. But one cool thing I have always done for customers where I work is to put it in the pocket below the radio. It is very simple to do. First take off the front dash panel that goes around the radio. Then you can see that the pocket is screwed to another part of the dash and not the cover you just took off. Just take some abs plastic or something and fill in the oval area of the pocket and cut out the opening for the eq. I have fiberglassed eq's in this pocket before, but I don't recommend trying it unless you have worked with fiberglass before.

intrepidator
04-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Sorry, about that last post I just realized it was for a 1st generation intrepid.....................

Black94ES
04-03-2002, 04:13 PM
not a clue bro

I think 1st gen deck area is a DIN and a half...

How big is the deck you have in there now? Does it look like the EQ can fit in below it?

bnelly428
04-11-2002, 12:52 AM
maybe but the mounting bracket is made to fit the deck, and i dont know if putting the eq under the deck would be as efficient as maybe resting it on top of the deck
hmmmmmmmm im gonna go fidle around with the deck some

Warlord187
04-12-2002, 03:39 PM
maybe but the mounting bracket is made to fit the deck, and i dont know if putting the eq under the deck would be as efficient as maybe resting it on top of the deck
hmmmmmmmm im gonna go fidle around with the deck some

Just like you have to get a mounting bracket for an aftermarket head unit, you can get a mounting bracket for a head unit AND an EQ cut out (it's a one piece bracket). That is what I did with my Sundance.

bnelly428
04-13-2002, 02:07 PM
where can i get something like that?

Warlord187
04-13-2002, 09:19 PM
where can i get something like that?

I got it at the car audio place that did my installation.

I'm not sure the Intrepid has a big enough DIN size to acommodate that type of setup though.

I believe my Sundance had a double DIN opening, while the Intrepid has a DIN and a half opening.

ericbumps
05-04-2002, 03:34 PM
I don't remember exactly where i saw it, but there is a site that had a bracket that you could mount your eq at the bottom of your dash. You could probably mount it around your ash tray if you like. i will keep looking to see if i can find it for ya.