Windshield washer fluid sprayers [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Windshield washer fluid sprayers

XXsportscar
01-24-2005, 10:22 PM
alright, i have a 95 concorde, and for the most part i love the thing. However my only problem is the squirters for the windhield washer fluid, there always falling off the wiper arms, acutally the part of the blade assembaley where they clip on. And this is no big deal in the summer, however i dont like to spend much time outside in the middle of winter, so i would like to know if theres a way to convert my concorde to a sprayer set up where the squirters mount stationary on the cowel. Any help would be apprecieated.

affinity
01-24-2005, 10:32 PM
My hypothesis:

Take the hoses off the wipers, run them lets say under the cowl, or close then buy some normal washer nozzles, attach to the hoses and then clip to the cowl or wherever you want. The theory should be when you hit your washer squirters it should pressurize in the hose enough with the nozzle on the end to produce a squirt out. It makes sense to me. Shouldn't be too hard of a project at all :D

XXsportscar
01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
thats what i was thinking, i know they sell those led ones, so i was thinking just get those and take the batterys out or dont wire them up. However i wanted to know if there was a way i could do this by just replacing the black plastic peice in the cowl area.

triplejjjay
01-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Didn't the later models of Intrepids have them mounted on the hood - my '94 doesn't, but I think they came a year or two later. You could visit your local junkyard and remove a set from the hood, and just mount them on your windshield cowl if you like.

D76G12
01-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Didn't the later models of Intrepids have them mounted on the hood - my '94 doesn't, but I think they came a year or two later. You could visit your local junkyard and remove a set from the hood, and just mount them on your windshield cowl if you like. '96 Concorde has them mounted on the hood as do all 2G's ... :)

95LHS
01-27-2005, 12:12 AM
My '95 has them built into the wipers. I'm led to assume that '96 was the first year that they became hood-mounted?

D76G12
01-27-2005, 12:20 AM
alright, i have a 95 concorde, and for the most part i love the thing. However my only problem is the squirters for the windhield washer fluid, there always falling off the wiper arms, acutally the part of the blade assembaley where they clip on. And this is no big deal in the summer, however i dont like to spend much time outside in the middle of winter, so i would like to know if theres a way to convert my concorde to a sprayer set up where the squirters mount stationary on the cowel. Any help would be apprecieated. My '95 has them built into the wipers. I'm led to assume that '96 was the first year that they became hood-mounted? I guess so! So there's your answer. Visit the local junk yards and find a nice '96-7 hood the same color as yours ...!!!

http://dodgeintrepid.net/photopost/data/504/4795MoparCentral1b.JPG

95LHS
01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
I just might because, damn, mine suck.

triplejjjay
01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
One thing to consider though, if you live where you get a lot of snow, and don't have the luxury of parking your car in a garage overnight, won't the hood or custom cowl mounted nozzles be buried under snow and ice a lot if you don't religiously keep it cleaned off. What do you guys with the hood mounted ones experience?

mb-lhs
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
One thing to consider though, if you live where you get a lot of snow, and don't have the luxury of parking your car in a garage overnight, won't the hood or custom cowl mounted nozzles be buried under snow and ice a lot if you don't religiously keep it cleaned off. What do you guys with the hood mounted ones experience?

This is kinda funny to me, because i liked my wiper mounted sprayers better. Looked better imo with nothing sticking out of the hood.

Anyways, my experience is that the washer fluid will shoot right through snow, and will get through ice in a minute or two :icon_bigg

triplejjjay
01-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree, I like the wiper mounted ones better - they're out of the way, and possibly more effective this way, especially when travelling 60 or 70 mph, although it would be nice if they sprayed on both sides of the blade. I would think the hood mounted ones would make quite a mess if trying to cut through ice that is covering them.

dmt4595
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
i dont mind my hood mounted ones on my 97, i actually kinda like them. there are 2 different nozzles on the hood, and each of them has 3 holes to squirt from, so i get a lot of coverage. plus the ones in the middle on each nozzle arent aimed right, so they shoot right over top of the car and hit anything within 4-5 feet of the back of my car, as well as the whole top and back of the car too - it works really well for giving people who pull up right on your ass the windshield wiper treatment!

D76G12
01-27-2005, 06:50 PM
One thing to consider though, if you live where you get a lot of snow, and don't have the luxury of parking your car in a garage overnight, won't the hood or custom cowl mounted nozzles be buried under snow and ice a lot if you don't religiously keep it cleaned off. What do you guys with the hood mounted ones experience? Typically the engine heat will thaw that stuff out if you've still got a little glaze of ice after you've removed the snow and the lines will thaw, too. I had wiper mounted washers on my LeBaron (owned 11 years) and both the Concorde (3 yrs) and now the Trep (1 yr) have hood mounted ones. I prefer the hood mounted in the winter and wiper mounted the rest of the year ... i dont mind my hood mounted ones on my 97, i actually kinda like them. there are 2 different nozzles on the hood, and each of them has 3 holes to squirt from, so i get a lot of coverage. plus the ones in the middle on each nozzle arent aimed right, so they shoot right over top of the car and hit anything within 4-5 feet of the back of my car, as well as the whole top and back of the car too - it works really well for giving people who pull up right on your ass the windshield wiper treatment! You do know you can adjust the nozzle tips? All it takes is a straight pin or something equal.

It is good to use that on tail-gaiters but it works on the freeway even when the nozzles are adjusted right ...! :grinyes: