Code P0302 [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Code P0302

Streetdoc
07-03-2005, 08:41 AM
The wife was leaving for work last night, and before she even got down the driveway, she heard a ding, and looked at the dash, and the check engine light came on.She checked for a code after she got to work, and it came up with P0302:misfire detected in #2 cylinder.This car is still under warranty,2004,with 25,000 miles on it but, I was wondering if anyone ever had this and what caused it.

kcj393
07-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I just threw the P0305 code four days ago. I was scared as hell. It was the misfire in cylinder #5. So, I got my spark plugs changed at Pep Boys for $80 total...and they used Champion Platinum spark plugs for my 2000 Intrepid 2.7 Then, after the repair, the check engine light was still on. So I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and the check engine light went off for good! So I would change the spark plugs first and that will possibly fix the problem. If the check engine light comes on again after this, then it could be that you need a new Coil ($38 from Napa auto parts and $25 installed by pep boys) for cylinder #3 or it could mean that you need a new fuel injector for cylinder #3... TRY SPARK PLUGS FIRST...THAT'S WHAT FIXED MY PROBLEM.

Streetdoc
07-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the info kcj.I am gonna take it to the dealer this coming week and have several things fixed, so I will just add this to the list.My trep is still under warranty with 25,000 miles on it, so hopefully all the problems will get fixed(crosses fingers)