Carbon Fiber Headlight covers??? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Carbon Fiber Headlight covers???

kcj393
07-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Hello everyone...I just wanted to ask if the Carbon fiber headlight covers will allow enough light to pass through the headlights for night time driving conditions without taking them off??? Please only respond if you have first hand experience with them and not just speculating. Thanks.

Hate Me Now
07-11-2005, 03:59 AM
yea, they do, if you are using aftermarket light bulbs.
im not sure how they work with the factory ones.

crombie
07-11-2005, 07:08 AM
When I had my carbon fiber "cat eyes" I originally had the stock bulbs, then converted to Sylvania's. I do most of my driving at night... so yeah.. the oem bulbs I could see the road, once I installed aftermarket... it was like the covers weren't even on.

Streetdoc
07-11-2005, 12:17 PM
The cat eyes have clear sections in them for light to shine through. The standard smoke or carbon fiber dont have those. I had the smoke covers on an F-150 and I left them on at night I just left the high beams on and had no problems seeing the road.

crombie
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
The cat eyes have clear sections in them for light to shine through. The standard smoke or carbon fiber dont have those.
Ummm... I used to have Carbon fiber cat eyes.
Here's a pic: http://www.djpill.com/rt/crombie/IMAG0001.JPG
And another: http://www.djpill.com/rt/crombie/IMAG0002.JPG

sc.intrepid
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
ummmm Yes Crombie, You can see in your pics that there are clear sections for the light to shine through just like streetdoc said.

There are carbon fibre covers where the pattern covers the entire piece. I believe those are the ones that KC393 is talking about

crombie
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
ummmm Yes Crombie, You can see in your pics that there are clear sections for the light to shine through just like streetdoc said.

There are carbon fibre covers where the pattern covers the entire piece. I believe those are the ones that KC393 is talking about
Yesssss.... I have never seen the plain carbon fiber ones WITHOUT the cutouts. I jsut talked to KC393 via AIM. I know know what he is talking about.

kcj393
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey crombie...the dude was talking about the difference between the cat-eye carbon fiber ones made by EGR and the full carbon fiber covers made by AVS...Thanks for the great visual though and all your help!!!!

CROMBIE IS THE MAN!!

Streetdoc
07-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I was just tring to help....sorry

crombie
07-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I was just tring to help....sorry
If it sounded like I was being a dick, or "shooting down" your post. I apologize.

Streetdoc
07-11-2005, 11:06 PM
No problem

Warlord187
07-12-2005, 12:41 AM
When I had my carbon fiber "cat eyes" I was using PIAA bulbs. Although there are clear cutouts to let the light through, I did notice the covers blocked the light to where the beam wasn't as wide. I could see directly in front of me (the road), but the shoulder was hard to see.

Since I do most of my driving during the day, it wasn't a big issue.

Mr.Dodge
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
i want those headlight covers plz tell me where i can get them
cause i had the smoke headlights and nice during the day but at night my fog lights were brighter then my head and i have after market bulbs in
hhee

Morphy
07-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I had the full black covers on my old truck and you would not drive at night with them on, they sucked up a lot of light.

I have the cat's eyes covers on my Trep(along with Silverstar bulbs) and they do block a bit of light, but it's not very noticeable. You can use them even if you do a lot of night time driving.

redsoxwonit
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
hello, I found this site a few days ago. they have some good head light covers for about 54.99.....take a look at the "pro beam head light covers", then the "TRIBAL" ones...I think those would look good on my trep, but dont think they are available for intrepids, only Neon's.The also have both carbon fiber ones and also tail light covers too. the site can be seen here: http://www.deflectors4less.com/headlight-covers.html :beam: ENJOY!!