DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

H E L P!!!!!!! H E L P!!!!!!

533 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  poopyhead 
#1 ·
my hood latch switch broke and I went to the junk yard to get another one but now the metal cable in the car broke and now my headlight went out and I cant open the damn hood can the cable and latch and assembly be brought or is that a dealer part only

#2 ·
poopyhead said:
my hood latch switch broke and I went to the junk yard to get another one but now the metal cable in the car broke and now my headlight went out and I cant open the damn hood can the cable and latch and assembly be brought or is that a dealer part only

Ok, let me clear it up first....

Your hood release handle broke. You replaced it with one from a junk yard.

Now your hood release cable is broke, and you can't open the hood.

If thats correct, then we can continue:

Where is the cable broken? under the hood or at the release handle? If it's at the handle end, just grab a set of pliers or something and yank the cable to pop the hood.

Is it a dealer part only? I don't know, I'd imagine you'd be able to find it at your local autoparts store. I replaced the cable in my 95' from a car in the junkyard. It was pretty easy to change, took less than 30 minutes.

#4 ·
sorry my thoughts are clear but when they are typed it becomes a big mess. But anyway I pulled the cable wit some pliers but my true problem was how do I get the cable for the whole thing due to the fact that the guy at the junk yard clipped the cable to get the latch

#5 ·
hooray for me I just replaced my alternator all by myself yay........I think I deserve a cookie maybe an oreo or two or three

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.