DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Broken Wippers ?

677 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbadbruins19 
#1 ·
While I was sitting in traffic yesterday with my wippers on they sudenly stopped moving. I could still here the "back and forth" sound of something moving as usual but the wippers themselves just sat there. I turned the switch of and found that the wippers were just sitting there freely, I could move them back and forth with my hand with no resitance and even the wind from driving over 100 would blow them upright.
Today I opened the hood to look around and had a friend turn the wippers on to see if I could see where the problem was but today there was no reaction from turning the switch on at all.

Can anyone venture a guess as to what happened and how to fix it, I'm on a very tight budget at the moment and I need wippers obviously so any advice on quick or cheap fixes would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
K-Nash is right....happened to me last week. It's a piece of plastic socket on the linkage arm that connects to your wipers. Of course the dealer doesn't sell this part as they want you to replace the whole arm for a "small" cost of $100 CAD. I found the parts at an autostore...squeezed some grease into it and so far so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.