DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Possible recall?

647 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Veeb0rg 
#1 ·
I have a '95 Intrepid ES, Does anyone know about a recall possibly being issued about tie rod ends, where they attach to the steering rack? The left tie rod has come loose enough to cause my left wheel to wobble at 40-50 mph. If anyone has any info about this, it would appreciated.

#4 ·
No recall, just a TSB on replacing the inner tie rod bushings and to make sure the bolts are torqued properly with the washers and backing plates in place to avoid busting the steering rack housing. MOOG has designed a two piece bushing for replacing the inner tie rod bushings. Do a search on this forum and you will find plenty of info.

#5 ·
Yeah.. the 2 peice ones from MOOG are the best route.. its about an hour worth of work, depending on what motor your car has..

I don't know of anyone killing the MOOG replacements.. course I could be wrong, but everyone I've talked to that have used em have had em along time and have had zero problems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.