DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

new owner-jacking up the car

508 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Great White 
#1 ·
dumb question. where is the best place to position a floor jack and jack stands on these cars when riasing up and supporting both the front and rear end?

#4 ·
jfsram said:
Use caution when using 4 jack stands under the frame. Quite often 1 will not be loaded.

Ever seen a 4 legged chair rocking around on 3 of it's 4 legs?
Yes, for gods sake be careful. Make sure that you're on a flat level concrete surface. Asphalt is not acceptable, jack stands will sink into the surface. I've seem someone get squished be a car that had fallen off the stands.

Not pretty.....
so much blood.....

:barf:

It literally looks like someone stepped on a bug.

I'm sorry if this scares you, but it's serious business. It's also an image that will never leave your loved ones if they are teh ones to find you.

Make sure the stands are placed on a good solid part of the body or subframes, suspension parts are not acceptable for this purpose.
You want that sucker as solid as possible, especially if you will be working underneath it. Which I absolutely DO NOT recommend. Hopefully you're just doing a tire rotation and don't need to be under the vehicle.

Be careful

BJ :anon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.