DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

i have two questions about....

427 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Great White 
#1 ·
i would like to know where I could get a parking brake cable for a 1994 intrepid es, but i need the one that is connected to the parking brake pedal. that would be great. My second question is; according to Chilton's repair manual for the 1993-1997 intrepid, it says that the muffler is in the middle of the car and not at the end(the end is the resonator) for the 3.5 l engine. So my question is, do people really put two mufflers on intrepids are is this repair manual wrong? if so which mufflers would be a good performance muffler?

#3 ·
the muffler is a giant suitcase looking thing directly below your back seat, the resonator is the little muffler looking thing at the end of the tail-pipe, the resonator isn't really considered a muffler (just another way Chrysler tried to cut down on the 3.5s "noise", jsut like the air restrictor in the intake) so the manual is correct.... what I've seen most people do as a "cheap" exhaust upgrade, is to cut everything from the stock muffler back, get some piping in there (couple 90* bends and a couple straight lengths) and weld a flowmaster (or muffler of your choice) onto the end of the pipe where the stock resonator usually sits....... or there's other ways, I know gr8crash had a set-up that I was interested in a couple months back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.