DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Various Problems

578 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  gyjfb65 
#1 ·
Before i start I have a 96 Trep w/ the 3.3L.

This past sunday before I went to work, I was out cleaning the car off and lettin the car warm up. As I got in the car to head to work all the dome lights begin to fade like normal then they brighten back up and my stereo face plate begins to do the same thing. Then the CEL came on so I decided it was best not to drive it to work that night only code of imortance I got was 25 for the IAC. Fastfoward to tuesday, i opened the hood found my serp. belt was very loose tightened that up to the spec, then drove the car to work about 3-5 miles round trip to pick up my paycheck, no problems then. Well last night I needed to get some christmas shopping done so I drove up to the local Target, about 5 miles, got there with no problems. As I'm leaving headin back I notice the CEL isn't on anymore, so I drive then the lights start doin their thing again and the CEL comes on. I make it home and got the codes 46 and 25. 25 again is for the IAC and 46 is the battery charging system voltage is to and and not being regulated.

So I'm looking for some opinions on what it might be either the battery, alternator, or could my PCM be going bad. Also with the PCM do I have to buy a certain year and up or can any 93-97 one work as long as its from a 3.3.

#3 ·
The battery light did come on during this, Im gonna try to make it up to advance auto tomorrow to have them test it out. It sucks having car problems with very little money.

#6 ·
Went to Advanced and got the battery checked out, and it was low but not dead. So after a little trouble with the positive terminal clamp, I cleaned the terminals and so far so good, got the car up to normal op temp and no CEL. Thanks for the help, the posts def helped me steer away from the PCM being bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.