DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

door gaskets

711 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Great White 
#1 ·
anyone else having problems with door gaskets? Mine seem to have shrunk a couple of inches and no longer fit all the way around, and keep falling out. Any fix other than getting all new ones?

#4 ·
NAPA. In my case for my '72, I ordered from Year One. Ran me 20$/door for my '72; needless to say it should be cheaper for a newer model.

Also, make sure all the clips are still in one peice, if not, ya should order them too :p

#5 ·
Unfortunately, this is a comomn problem with the LH door seals.

Here's what I did to mine:

Start at the top middle of the door and press the seal into place working your way around the opening towards the bottom down each side. Since the seal has shrunk you will end up with a gap at the bottom once you have reseated the seal.
UI went to a local scrapyard and picked up a door seal (REAL cheap) and cut a small piece to fill the gap. A dab of silicone helps to seal the ends and hold the filler piece in place.
Now my seal doesn't sag or pull away from the opening and I don't have to worry about it shrinking as it is now "pre shrunk"!

Cheers :beerchug:

BJ:anon:

#7 ·
yea, use the idea of cutting a gap in the bottom, pushing it tight around, and filling in the little spot. i think I sold a used one to someone for like 2 bux. That was more than enough for him to fix all four doors. Just grab one door seel from a junk yard, should be plenty.
-Taaf-

#10 ·
Great White said:
Unfortunately, this is a comomn problem with the LH door seals.

Here's what I did to mine:

Start at the top middle of the door and press the seal into place working your way around the opening towards the bottom down each side. Since the seal has shrunk you will end up with a gap at the bottom once you have reseated the seal.
UI went to a local scrapyard and picked up a door seal (REAL cheap) and cut a small piece to fill the gap. A dab of silicone helps to seal the ends and hold the filler piece in place.
Now my seal doesn't sag or pull away from the opening and I don't have to worry about it shrinking as it is now "pre shrunk"!

Cheers :beerchug:

BJ:anon:
Idea of the year. :gross_06:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.