DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Might Buy 93 ES

511 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  n0c7 
#1 ·
hey guys...need some input!

Found a 93 ES 3.5L power everything, message center, infinity system
supposedly has 141000kms

I tested the climate control by holding the rear def. button and it seems ok.
I cycled the ignition to catch any codes stored and i got 12,54,53 and classicly 55.
the 54 & 53 worry me alot cuz they seem quite serious to me. although the how-to thread says that the CEL should be on immediately if these codes are detected, but i had the car running for about 10 mins while i was checking it out and i didn't see no CEL on.

Also, i checked ye olde cradle bushings and they seem fine (anyone have a pic of what GOOD bushing's look like while installed?) and then i did the test of the rack bushings (very minor movement, sorta like 1-2mm if even)

couldn't see the inner tie rod bushings cuz of the 3.5L but the tires look fine (indicating there shouldn't be a sloppy steering issue)

ummmmm aside from that everything looks beautiful, very clean and stuff.
I'd swape those cloth seats outta there so fast that ppl's heads will spin.

oh yeah one more thing related to the two codes mentioned above, if i rev the engine @ the throttle like a few quick times (not insane revving) when i let go the engine kinda seems like it's gonna stall or something, but then kicks back in...whole process lasts about 2 seconds.

so any thoughts? any bad things about 93's??

looking for some words of wisdom here!

thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess if you get the car for a low price then it would be worth it.

According to chiltons code 53 is an internal fault within the pcm
code 54 no cam signal at pcm

sounds like the car needs a new pcm you can get them at a junk yard for around $60

You defanatly want to check the timing belt and the water pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.