DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Brake lights stay on after remove key!!!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  warrior420 
#1 ·
Recently my brake lights, after i turn the key off and walk away..., they stay on.. and its not like the lights for curtisy, its bright as if im pressing the brake down.. and usually they would turn off after like a min or so... but today i went to work and came back and they were still on ( i worked a hour today) its really freaking me out.. my battery is good enough to withstand alot of drain.. but not all night tonight...

if anyone has any suggestions of where to look or has a solution that would be awesome.. cause in the morning if its not fixed im going to a autoshop and have it fixed...

#6 ·
AmigaJoe said:
It was the brake switch. Before I got it fixed, I'd just gently pull up on the brake pedal to make the lights go out. If that works for you, then you know it's the switch.
as far as i know it dosnt work.. i backed up to my grage door and tryed that and it dosnt work...

last night they eventually turned off i think about after i started thread.. so its really a toss up of how long they stay on... where is this brake light stwitch located?.. is it a quick fix?.. prices?

#8 ·
yeah its the brake switch, same thing happened to me. It's a white little box under the brake petal, unplug it and take it out. It's like 10 bucks or something at autozone, not too expensive.

Reactions: warrior420
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.