DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Broken knob 1997 Intrepid

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  gofor300 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My wife came home today and told me the knob had broken off the Mode Control switch on the console. This is the switch that directs air flow to the floor, front vents, defroster, etc. I know I need a new knob now but I can't seem to turn the switch even with my fingers. Am scared to try pliers. It seems harder to turn than it should and I'm sure that's why the knob broke. Almost like it's binding. Fortunately it's stuck in the floor/defrost position because it's a little chilly here and it can stay there till Spring for all I care. But I'll fix it eventually. Any ideas? Has anybody else had it break?

1997 Intrepid 3.3

#4 ·
yeah man, swap out the whole manual climate control unit. It's like 2 screws and a plug and a hell of a lot easier than messing with the knobs themselves. You can pick one up at a junk yard for next to nothing or theres a handful of members around here that will have them for you aftet they switched to the Auto climate control.

#8 ·
k-nash said:
If you are talking about the manual climate control, I have a complete control head that I would be willing to part with. Don't know what its worth?
Let me know if your interested. (came off a 1996 Intrepid)
Where were you when I needed a knob and posted on the buy & sell area?
Anyway, never got an answer to that post, so I bought the knob at a dealer for $11. I'm sure a junkyard would have been cheaper (assuming they'd sell a knob without everything else), but my time is worth something too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.