DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Brake Fluid Cylinder Questions?

545 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  k-nash 
#1 ·
Yesterday I noticed what appeared to be a tiny bit of brake fluid in the snow under my parked 2000 Intrepid 2.7. Sure enough when I checked under the hood today there is zero brake fluid in the brake fluid cylinder. There appeared to be a lot of the fluid splattered towards the front inside of the engine/bumper radiator area.

All the tubes coming to and from the bottom seem to be intact and do not show any signs of leakage. Even to the touch there is no fluid on anything underneath - compared to the front of the cylinder.

So my question is, did the brake fluid explode out of the top of the cylinder? Is that possible if it gets to hot?

Not very knowledgable here so bear with me.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

#3 ·
Did you check around you calipers? The lines can take alot of presure from the inside, but presure comming from the outside(ex) a sharp bend, constant friction)) can rupture them pretty easily. Also, check all the conections and make sure they are all tight and leak-proof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.