DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Radiator Problems

605 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Big3 
#1 ·
About 3 years ago my tranny went due to a blockage in the stock radiator cooling area for the tranny. So i got an aftermarket GTI brand radiator, and this past weekend the radiator starting leaking, on the top near the passenger side where the core meets the plastic housing. Anyways im having a ***** to get it warrantied, was a lifetime when i bought it but now the company only gives a 12 month. So im not going to get another one from that company after my expierence with this current one. The car doesn't overheat or anything but i have a long commute to and from work each day. (150miles). So im not driving it now, but i wanted to know what the stock OEM radiator number of cores as compared to aftermarket brands? Any difference? Can anyone recommend a good, well priced company? All my local auto shops have to order there brand in, and after looking online im not sure which one to get.

#2 ·
Try www.rockauto.com. I just ordered one for my 95 Chry Concorde 3.5L and I paid $104.99 for a PROLIANCE #431337. I paid $9.00 for shipping and it arrived in 3 days. All other parts stores wanted almost double for the exact same model radiator. Enter discount code 341164179628 for an extra 5% discount (enter it in the order page where it asks "How did you hear about us"). It fit almost perfect. It was 1/4" too tall and the snap clips would not fit on the top that hook to the fan assembly so I just drilled two 5/16" holes in the fan shroud right at where the clips snap onto the radiator shroud and ran tie wraps thru the slots already in the radiator trim. One other minor fit problem was at the driver side lower mount bolt at the fan shroud. It did not meet the radiator flush and I had to use a sanding dremmel and take about 1/8" off of one corner of the fan shroud mounting surface. The radiator had a normal drain valve that screws on and off instead of those delicate 90 degree twist off valves. Its a nice radiator and the fit was no problem otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.