DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

No HeadLamps Or Fog Lights

994 views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  91Firebirdzx28 
#1 ·
Ok I am having the same problem with my Headlights, HighBeams won't even stay on, I just got the car from a Dealer, My question is, No low beams or high beams Plus no fog lights, its a 1996 dodge Intrepid, V6 3.3 i think, I have No money to spare to get a new switch, My lights run from the dash the round knob and they should come on but nothing at all even when I pull out on the switch the fog lights should come on too, I have read the posts, But all the fuses are good and all, Is there anyway I could fix it so they will work???? I have toggle switches to use for this, any help I will take.

Ok I know i posted this on the topic No Headlights but I just need a diff answer to this. Could I toggle it in or what?

#3 ·
No money... Spent it on the dang car. LOL.. Gonna have to steal if from the junk yard if I can.

#5 ·
Similar to what mine does occasionally. My dimmer switch is getting bad, so sometimes when I shut off my high beams all my lights go out like I shut off the main switch. I have to toggle the high/low dimmer switch again to make them come back on. Try switching your high/low toggle back and forth and see if you get anything then.

#6 ·
the High Beams come on but refuse to stay on, I am now sticking stuff in the slot to keep the high beams on, which in turn makes my turn sigs useless, Hate to say it but looks like the switch to me.. CRAP.... Well there is a place to put a toggle switch on one side of the dash so I might do that...
anyone got a wireing thing I could use?????

#8 ·
this seems to be a common problem, my MF switch is going out the window too, losing all my lights becasue the high-beam is pulled abck jsut enough the shut off the regular lights, but not far enough to keep the highs on........ go to a junkyard, you can pick a switch up for like $35

#9 ·
I have No money to spare to get a new switch or used one. Indy honda looked it over and said they can't tell what it is but they told me this,
There was NO power going to the Lowbeam fuses so how can I fix that?

#11 ·
Drive in the Dark.. Hmmm what fun to get pulled over... No thanks, why would there be no power to the Low Beam fuses?? anyone?

#13 ·
Ok,,,, well anyone got one I could have for FREE????

#15 ·
What friends?? I have none.... Ok i am poor very poor, I just started living at home again... which sucks.... Thats why I asked if anyone had one for free i could have...

#17 ·
ok I did post it in the buy sell area, ok, I am poor broke and am white trash LOL, Seeing how evey job I get I don't last but 4 weeks or so, longest job i have held was for 1 year LOL, well I have to say that I love this forum and all, but all i have is a few pennies to my name, as for the BBB, they are a bunch of ass sucking pig fuc*ing nut sucking bastards, they all can rot in hell, and I will drive the bus, You guys and gals have been one hell of a help in my eyes, if its okay with ya all i am gonna add it to my sig at other forums..

Thanks guys and gals,
Skyline

G
#20 ·
My switch is from a 93 Concorde. It works, I took it out almost 3 years ago and put in the switch from my LHS. But - because Concorde's don't have the "pull switch for fog", you will have no fogs. I think..
So, i guess you don't want it anyhow.
If you want me to, I'll look in my local junkyard to see if they got one for like $30.

#21 ·
JE.Electronics said:
My switch is from a 93 Concorde. It works, I took it out almost 3 years ago and put in the switch from my LHS. But - because Concorde's don't have the "pull switch for fog", you will have no fogs. I think..
So, i guess you don't want it anyhow.
If you want me to, I'll look in my local junkyard to see if they got one for like $30.
I tell ya yeah, if you would look, but I have no money, sooo, I have stuff in the buy trade sell area to trade ya for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.