DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

another question

560 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryan D. 
#1 ·
You all have been a BIG help, Thank you very Much, Now for my q,
Ok when driving and going fast I hear what seems like something rubbing along a tire well?? I have Looked nodda, Funny thing is when I turn Right it stops alltogeather and when the wheel is strait it keeps doing it...

I am clue less so HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks,
Skyline.

#2 ·
Does it sound like it is from the right side wheel well?

Is so might be the splash sheild that goes around the tie rod is loose and hangs out and rubs on the wheel. Then when you turn right it might move in with the tie rod and stop. Hard to say, just a guess if all your wheel well is tight.
Is the front section tight?
Could it be loose and the wind pushes it back when your driving?

#3 ·
yeah sounds like its coming from the right side, Could be the splashing.... I will check it out when I get a place thats dry and warm LOL....

G
#4 ·
I think it's the wheel bearing.
Let me guess. Sounds kinda like a low pitch whine...
Yea, I def. think wheel bearings
For this, you have to kinda disassemble front wheels. But do not fret, it's not that hard. 15 mins. each wheel.

#5 ·
No not a whine, Sounds Like a Real Bad Rubbing sound....

#6 ·
Bearing I have replace usually sound like a rumble or a low whine and will change if you weave the car a little. That is why I didn't go that route. Also you usually hear bearings around 20mph and above, not when you go really fast.

#7 ·
I need to add that it does is when going slow too, I forgot... but I slow down sound like something rubbing along the tire, turn right and it doesn't do it, go strait or turn left and thats all i hear, I will check it out sometime today.

#8 ·
Well I couldn't find anything rubbing along the tire... But I might be worng... I would really like to get this fixed, Can't stand the sound anymore..... I am going FOOKING nuts guys.... HELP AGAIN!!! :)

#10 ·
CV Joint? I dono, how could it be that???

#11 · (Edited)
NVM found threads.

#12 ·
91Firebirdzx28 said:
Well I couldn't find anything rubbing along the tire... But I might be worng... I would really like to get this fixed, Can't stand the sound anymore..... I am going FOOKING nuts guys.... HELP AGAIN!!! :)
The splash shield may not be anywhere near touching the tire when car is standing still when you look at it. Wind can push it against tire when your driving. I've had this happen to mine because one of the mounts pulled through the shield. But I didn't hear any sounds. What I noticed was the inside sidewall of my tire was shiny.

#14 ·
Well if thats it im broke from fixing the headlights... FOOK..... How much longer can I drive on it like that???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.