DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Need Help Identifying A Part

664 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Big3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have really appreciated all the knowledge I have gained from you all. Well I have a 97 3.5L intrepid and while taking off the manifold I of course have to brake some tubes. I am trying to find replacements but the dealer seems to know less than me. The tubes that I need are like hard 1/8-1/4 diameter plastic tubes that come of the side of the plenum, 2 on the left side, and one on the right side when looking at the engine from the front. Of the two on the left side, one goes to the fuel rail and the other goes to some valve. Think these are vacuum lines but it still hasn't helped the dealer find them. If anyone knows what the official name of these hoses are, or the parts numbers it would be greatly appreciated because I'd like to get my car put back together before the year is out. I've linked 2 pictures of where they connect to the plenum hope it helps.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/bfase/DSCF0194.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/bfase/DSCF0192.jpg

#3 ·
You' probably find it near impossible to get those items from the stealership. Even if they can identify a part number, odds are they won't be available. However, cut to fit hard tubing like that is available at any good parts store. Take the broken piece so you can match up the size and cut it straight off the roll. It's fairly flexible and for sharper bends just heat it with your wife's blow dryer. Alternately, you can remove to rubber elbows and just use garden variety vacuum hose. Either way you chose will be quicker, simpler and much cheaper.

Just out of curiosity, why did you "have to brake some tubes"? I find it simpler to just disconnect them.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys, I went with the model airplane fuel hose for now, will probably hit up the juck yards latter. One more question though, I need to replace the gasket between the egr valve and the egr tube, anyone know where I can get that besides the dealer, I've hit up autozone and all they have is the egr valve gasket. Thanks again

#8 ·
You can get gasket material at Autozone and cut it yourself. A sharp Ex-acto knife comes in handy here. I realize that the factory gasket has a metal base, but I've made my own gaskets for years and heat dosen't seem to be a problem on the "tubes".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.